SmokinJoe
Jr. Member
- Joined
- May 31, 2012
- Messages
- 49
- Reaction score
- 27
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Jamesville,NY
- Detector(s) used
- Garret ACE 250, Garret AT Pro
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Okay fellas, believe it or not, I recently dug up an 1870 "CC" Seated Liberty Half Dollar. When i found it, i only knew it was a Seated Liberty Half as i didn't want to clean it in the field. Anyway, after doing the "happy dance" for a awhile I headed home to rinse it off and do some research. I knew the seated liberty halves could fetch a few hundred dollars in good shape, so i really was happy as a pig in poop with that. Then while doing some reading i came across the statement "of particular interest to collectors is the rare 1870 Carson City Seated Half.....". Now my hearts beating a tad faster, because after cleaning the mud off it IS an 1870...but what the hell is the Carson City mean?? So after some more googling I find that Carson City was a mint and coins minted there will have a small "CC" on the reverse. Holy !!!!...no friggin way...there it is, right under the eagle's talons..."CC". So now, with my heart really beating and a !!!! eatin' grin on my face, i'm back on Google searching for the value of this coin. OH MY GOD! Never in a million years did i think i could find a single coin worth what this one is. I mean previous to this, i was hoping to find a gold ring worth a couple hundred bucks. I know most of you are going to believe this coin is a fake, or I'm a liar..but rest assured i am not a liar and I've already had an authorized PCGS agent look at it and confirm that he thought it was genuine. Enough so that he offered me 5 grand! Besides, the coin has been sent off to Heritage Auctions so I'll have the proof and the check soon.
Attachments
Upvote
44
...that just doesn't make much sense to me. But hey, i don't care man. I didn't post this seeking "banner"...hell, i didn't even know what it was. I just wanted to share a really rare find with people that share this hobby/passion.







