What's new

Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

treasurehound

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2008
Messages
1,501
Reaction score
376
Golden Thread
1
Location
Morristown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 4500,
Minelab Equinox 800,
Garrett AT GOLD with NEL coil,
Garrett Sea Hunter
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

I just got back from the Relic Rescue 3 day hunt in beautiful Culpeper Virginia and found my best ever Civil War relic. On the first day my hunting partners Mike Post of Woodland Detectors and Ken Whitley and I hunted a known Confederate camp. My very first good find was what I thought was just a Script "I" button but when I got back to the hotel that night and cleaned up a little bit I saw an "S" on the right side of the button and then realized it was the script button with the C S marking. A rare and hard to find button. Shortly after finding the button I then found a Confederate sword scabbard brass band with the ring. Another hard to find relic. I also found a few bullets and buttons and some unkown pieces.
 

Attachments

  • button.webp
    button.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 1,489
  • 017.webp
    017.webp
    48.1 KB · Views: 1,642
  • 047.webp
    047.webp
    29.8 KB · Views: 1,513
Upvote 0
Re: Nice button here's mine I dug it in Virginia

I found mine at Fort Powhatan in Virginia last year. It was found in a North Carolina camp that had been pounded over the years. With our new T2's we dug 3 CS buttons and some bullets in this wore out old camp. 2 of the other CS buttons found real close to this one were N.Carolina state seals. I've heard and am a believer that this button was pretty much associated with NC troops. Congrats on a rare one. If I were you I'd look up the restoration expert Leonard Short. He'd have that button looking good as new. I'm serious the guy is amazing and the best there is in the US at restoring damaged artifacts. I had dug a confederate engineer button that was folded like a taco. He repaired it and I've taken it to shows. Even the button experts were amazed, they can't even tell it was repaired! Leaonard Short is amazing!

LP
 

Attachments

  • scriptcs.webp
    scriptcs.webp
    35.5 KB · Views: 981
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

Man that sounds like a rare button.

I would love to find a CS anything.

Without you, that thing could have been lost for all time.

Congratulations.
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

Deno said:
Man that sounds like a rare button.

I would love to find a CS anything.

Without you, that thing could have been lost for all time.

Congratulations.
"Without you, that thing could have been lost for all time."

Well put Deno, I agree
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

A local relic hunter and veteran digger states that button is fairly rare and not dug in Tennessee. Congrats again, Quindy.
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

OH WOW! :o That button made that long trip well worth the drive, huh? :icon_pirat: :o Excellent digging, TH! Many congrats to ya!

Nana :hello:
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

Deno said:
Man that sounds like a rare button.

I would love to find a CS anything.

Without you, that thing could have been lost for all time.

Congratulations.

It is my first CS find and there were several other rare finds on the hunt as well.
VOL1266-X said:
A local relic hunter and veteran digger states that button is fairly rare and not dug in Tennessee. Congrats again, Quindy.

Thanks Quindy. I would gladly go back to Virginia for another one, lol.

Nana40 said:
OH WOW! :o That button made that long trip well worth the drive, huh? :icon_pirat: :o Excellent digging, TH! Many congrats to ya!

Nana :hello:

That button would pay for several trips but I am not selling it. I love hunting that area as there was so much activity there.
RTDE3 said:
Very Nice Randy! Congrats on such a sweet button! :thumbsup:

Thank you.
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

For those of you who can't make out the the "CS" (Confederate States)
 

Attachments

  • RELIC RESCUE 1st hunt.webp
    RELIC RESCUE 1st hunt.webp
    34.2 KB · Views: 717
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

Thanks Mike for showing others where the C S is on the button. The S is clearly visible which made it very easy to identify.
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

Randy that is one HELLUVA button buddy, many congrats to you!! :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: If you're gonna dig one, a SCRIPT I w/ CS is definitely one to dig! Definitely a Banner find all day long and just a SUPER HARD to find button. I have one of the Rare Block I's with the stars all the way around the rim and in the "I" and its a very Rare one as well as one of my pride and joy's! Congrats on a terrific piece of history, and a Banner vote from me :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :hello2:
 
Re: Rare Confederate Script "I" button marked C S

{Sentinel} said:
Randy that is one HELLUVA button buddy, many congrats to you!! :occasion14: :occasion14: :occasion14: If you're gonna dig one, a SCRIPT I w/ CS is definitely one to dig! Definitely a Banner find all day long and just a SUPER HARD to find button. I have one of the Rare Block I's with the stars all the way around the rim and in the "I" and its a very Rare one as well as one of my pride and joy's! Congrats on a terrific piece of history, and a Banner vote from me :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :icon_thumleft: :wink: :wink: :hello2:

Thanks Josh. I just saw your post. Thanks for the banner vote. It is going to take a lot more to make it but just to have a banner qualified find is good enough for me. Good luck at DIV and wish I could go but wife says our anniversary more important. Don't know if it is or not but don't tell her I said that. lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom