Rare Gold and silver coins found by a friend,neat pictures!

kane23

Mar 29, 2007
Utah
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Garrett Ace 350.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi,
My friend tim found the following items in the mountains mostly last summer. They include a two and a half dollar gold coin and an 1867-s quarter with a book value of $1500.00. Other items he has found in this area include three 1870-s dimes( only 50,000 minted),several more seated coins, rare bottles and a US belt plate. He gave me permission to post his photos. I just wish he would take me more often. Last week he found a nice 1868 shield nickel. Enjoy; Kane 23

Attachments

• Nevada finds.jpg
    Nevada finds.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,057
  • nev finds 2.jpg
    nev finds 2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 2,070
Upvote 0
Re: Gold and silver found by a friend

wow awsome finds. i wonder if the caliper was used for reloading bullets.

Those are some nice finds.

Still looking for my first gold coin.

HH Jer

Great finds, looks like your friend is on to something special. Much luck in the future.

Those are great finds.
Dman

Re: Rare Gold and silver found by a friend,neat pictures!

I tried to get into the area last summer myself,the roads were to muddy to go anywhere,DARN! kane 23

Remember I have a 4x4 any time u want to go. Those are some nice finds, we need to find a site like that.

Congrats to your friend for making some great finds! HH, Mike

What a great bunch of finds! There's quite a few on there that I stiil need to find, so hopefully this year wil be the year.
Good luck out there guys!
Mike

Thanks for posting!! :icon_thumright: Those are some great finds!! I can only hope to be so luck :notworthy:

HH!!

Tim is great with his detector and especially his patience,I may only know one other person as good as him. Tim will continue to make great finds,I need to try harder myself. GH kane 23

Wow! for once I wish I could say "all I found were seated coins" instead of "all I found were memorial pennies" !!!!

Nice pictures ,thanks for sharing. :icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back