Rat Bit ! Danger High Pressure!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Rat Bit ! Danger High Pressure!

What an absolutely GORGEOUS day it was today. A day off from work, and I got to sleep late this morning. I didn’t get up to nigh on 7:15 this morning! Woo Hoo! Of course I made breakfast for my wife and I, she sleeping in till it was on the table and ready to eat. I was feeling pretty good this morning. Yesterday, at work, I felt lousy. I even got sick not once but twice. I struggle through, dragging my butt all twelve hours till the end of the shift, FINALLY! Then it was home to my baby, a good long shower and then to bed. Sleeping late and feeling better this morning.
Unfortunately the good feelings didn’t last long. After breakfast, reading the paper and catching up on email and such I realized that the headache from yesterday was returning again today. I eventually got cleaned up and dressed for the day when my wife wanted to go out for lunch. While driving to our dining experience the pounding in my head nearly had my eyes rolling around in my skull. I hardly remember lunch and my wife insisted I check my blood pressure upon returning home, as my face was “beet red” . I checked and it was HIGH! 228 over 105 !!! YIKES! I had been scheduled for a doctor’s appointment this very day, but the office had me reschedule for next week as my doctor was going to be out of town. I had a prescription expire last week and the doctor would have rewritten it today to be filled, but alas, he’s not even in town. Fortunately his office was able to call in the script to a local pharmacy to be filled this afternoon. I picked it up on my way out to detect. Of course I took a dose right away. Fortunately my blood pressure began returning to normal. Whew!
Well my “excitement” wasn’t over yet, I just didn’t know it. My first stop to detect was a local school playground. The kids are all out on “Fall Break”... uh... What the heck is that? We never had “Fall Break” when we were growing up! Anyway, the playground was deserted, just the way I like it. I recovered a bunch of coins, a handful of buttons and snaps...

Buttons.JPG

I also found a few little pieces of “Bling” in the woodchips as well... An earring that I thought was silver... it’s not... I found what I think is a zipper pull “tab”... and a teeny tiny little “Hello Kitty” uh... bead..?

Bling.JPG

Kitty Slide.JPG

Then I was attacked by Indians... well ONE indian... a South American Indian... A rather ticked off looking fellow by the name of Urraca.

Panama Comp.jpg

Yeah I did a bit of world travelling... just down the street from my house. One Panamanian Centesimo De Balboa. Cool ! On to the next stop, a Baseball/Softball park. Nobody was practicing or playing any games this afternoon/evening so I had the park basically to myself. Although it started off kind of slow, the coins kept coming. I love the “Plink” sound that a newly unearthed coin makes as you drop it into your finds bag along with your other recoveries. Plink, plink, plink... Then I got held up.
Yeah.. some guy with a gun, talking on his cell phone... oh wait that is a radio. <grin> I found, by eyeball, one lone toy soldier. Not far away was the mechanical pencil. There were plenty of pull tabs being added to the finds bag too,

Eyeball.JPG

along with junk and scrap metal... *sigh*... I know... “DIG EVERYTHING”.

Junk.JPG

Coins, coins and more coins... dig, plink, dig, plink, dig, plink... Then I got RAT BIT! Oh don’t worry, it wasn’t by the furry four legged vermin type Rat, but rather the Big Surprisingly well traveled Chuck E Cheese type of rat.

ChuckE.JPG

Man... I find these things EVERYWHERE! Not that I mind though, got quite a growing collection of them that’s for sure. Well, by now the sun has not only kissed the horizon, but has settled well below it so that the western sky was glowing like a dying ember. I hadn’t realized that it was getting dark because the lights had come on at the park and it was nearly as bright as when I’d arrived earlier. I was still finding coins even as I walked (detected) back to my truck. Plink, plink, plink. This finds bag was getting heavy. Cool!

Clad.JPG

Yeah... that’ll be another nice contribution to the old Vacation fund! GOT TO LOVE THIS HOBBY!
When I got home, my headache was returning and yeah, my blood pressure was a little high again. *sigh* Not due for another dose of bp meds till morning so it’s just slowing down and relaxing, going to bed early to get it lower. Well, that is after I took my pics and wrote this post to share with you. With that done, here’s wishing you all a happy and healthy weekend. Get out and enjoy the weather! As always...

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Upvote 0

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300
Love your story ! Kind of scared me a bit when you said RAT BIT. HAHA !

Keep the blood pressure stable & don't overload yourself too much...

I will be having me LOTS of hunting this weekend..... Hitting up about 15 different Ghost Towns ! ;)

Take care

Tx. :tongue3:

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Can't argue pullin gas/vacation money outta the ground! I dig everything too so I know what you mean. ;D
Carefull with the High BP, it can get nasty.

OOOOH your so lucky TXC too be near ghost towns!

mickk

Jul 23, 2006
Ive had a headache the last two days, panadol doesnt shift it, I will check blood pressure, thanks for the tip, hope you are feeling better.

White Buffalo

Tenderfoot
Apr 9, 2010
RTP (Durham)
Detector(s) used
Garret GTI 2500, Garrett Pro Pointer
WOW!!!

Interesting that you guys say "dig everything"!!! Wonder what I've passed up by staying in coin discriminate mode... ::)

Hmmmm...could go to work for more OT..but now you guys are giving me the itch to go detecting today!!!

Hope your BP gets better!! I've never hauled in that much stuff. Last time out I got $2.09 and "rat bit" too!! :laughing9:

Didn't know that was the term for old chuckie cheese coins! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
txconservative said:
Love your story ! Kind of scared me a bit when you said RAT BIT. HAHA !

Keep the blood pressure stable & don't overload yourself too much...

I will be having me LOTS of hunting this weekend..... Hitting up about 15 different Ghost Towns ! ;)

Take care

Tx. :tongue3:

There aren't too many, if ANY, ghost towns around my end of the country. Most times, around here, small communities that "die out" either get redeveloped (suburban sprall) or they get paved over for road projects. I'd love to explore and detect "ghost towns" like the ones you have out west. Have fun, but be vigilant of the rattlers. <smile> ~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
White Buffalo said:
WOW!!!

Interesting that you guys say "dig everything"!!! Wonder what I've passed up by staying in coin discriminate mode... ::)

Hmmmm...could go to work for more OT..but now you guys are giving me the itch to go detecting today!!!

Hope your BP gets better!! I've never hauled in that much stuff. Last time out I got $2.09 and "rat bit" too!! :laughing9:

Didn't know that was the term for old chuckie cheese coins! :laughing7:

Yeah, I've heard that quoted time and time again since the first time I ever logged on to this site... "Dig Everything!" Yeah, you're going to dig up a lot of pull tabs and trash, but better that than missing coins and rings and other cool things. Besides, every target you dig up sharpens your skills with your detector and your pin pointer. I think back now on all the signals I passed over when I first began detecting and think "Man... I wonder what I missed." As far as finding the clad... well, you just have to go where the people have been. The more people, the more change your are going to find. I pretty much stick to detecting the local parks and playgrounds, that includes elementary school playgrounds and middle and High School athletic fields. The great thing about these places is that they are always being replenished. Now if I lived on the coast or near a beach or "swimming hole" I'd hunt those too... alas, I'm land locked and the only swimming holes near me are the concrete pond variety. Although, I must admit that most are on park grounds and I do detect around the outside of these facilities.. especially between the parking areas and the entrances and exits. Just watch out for the rats.... Damn that Chuck E Cheese ! <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice day out but no brownie points today?

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spare us the medical review next time and cut right to the finds of the day. :laughing9:

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
GopherDaGold said:

Yeah, just the one. Some days you find a bag full, some days you find but a few.

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
SkyPirate said:
Spare us the medical review next time and cut right to the finds of the day. :laughing9:

Sorry if I bored you Sky... but it was the find of the day for me... BP that high is dangerous and could have resulted in a stroke. Besides, I was just relating the events leading up to and during my hunt. Thanks for reading my post anyway. I'll try to be a bit more brief in the future, but then I've been trying to do that for years now. Some people say I just get carried away when I start writing and... well there I go again. <blushing> Point made SkyPirate....

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't worked a school in a long time but I have found a gold charm, a few silver rings and a ton of coins when I did. Some idi ot came up and said I should be ashamed of myself, stealing little kids lunch money. How dumb was that statement? Nice work and keep that blood pressure down now ya hear? Monty

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Monty said:
I haven't worked a school in a long time but I have found a gold charm, a few silver rings and a ton of coins when I did. Some idi ot came up and said I should be ashamed of myself, stealing little kids lunch money. How dumb was that statement? Nice work and keep that blood pressure down now ya hear? Monty

I think I would have started laughing at them if they had said that to me... did they even consider what they were saying before they said it? Probably not.

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frodov said:
GopherDaGold said:

Yeah, just the one. Some days you find a bag full, some days you find but a few.

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov
Not sure how I missed that one! I burned all mine on the sweepstakes entries.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello Allen :hello: Great looking finds there man,
but most importantly . . . take care of yourself! :icon_thumright:

HH, Dave

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
GopherDaGold said:
Frodov said:
GopherDaGold said:

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov
Not sure how I missed that one! I burned all mine on the sweepstakes entries.

<GRIN> I LIKE IT! (laughing) ~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Antiquarian said:
Hello Allen :hello: Great looking finds there man,
but most importantly . . . take care of yourself! :icon_thumright:

HH, Dave

Allen ? (looking around confused) Is he in here again? That little Gremlin! He's as bad as Chuck E. Cheese... he's everywhere! <laughing>

The name, sir, is Floyd... and No.. I've never been a barber. <laughing> I've used the nickname Frodov online for nearly 25 years now. I started way back in college BEFORE the internet no less. Back then it was a loose connection between assorted colleges and military bases of all things. I remember talking to this whack job out in California that was working on a concept for some comic book characters... Wierd... something about these mutants... that were into martial arts... mutant turtles... TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES... Yeah, like that would ever go anywhere. <grin> Odd thing was there was no Allen anywhere to be found back then. <giggle>
Anyway, I digress. It's easy to get confused about who's writing what here on Treasure Net sometimes, there are so many of us ecclectic, excentric, somwhat strange dirt diggers and treasure seekers... wierdos <laughing>. What a great bunch of guys and gals to be party to !

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Alle.... Uh... I mean Frodov

underdogger

Sep 24, 2009
Syracuse n.y
Detector(s) used
Whites / Prism II/Prism IV/V3i /Surf master II
Fro dov . Take it from a guy who knows. Last nov 5th I was taken to the hospital . Only to wake up 5 days later in ICU. I had no clue to where I was or how I got there . To make a long story longer I had what They call an aortic Dissection . It was a 95 % chance that I would not make it Through the surgery . My blood pressure reached 270 /170. I now see 4 count them 4 doctors . All who have told me I should be dead . I can no longer work . I am on welfare . And was denied disability the first time . I now have a lawyer . Try to live off 160 a month and 200 in food stamps . I also have a scar from my breast bone to my belt line . no galbladder and one bad Kidney . In short If You have high blood pressure take care of it . I would not wish this on anyone . The only thing I can Physicaly do is metal detect now. John Ritter died from the same procedure I had . I enjoy reading you post Please keep it that way sir . Nice finds as allways Rob
P.S. I now take 22 pills a day to keep myself alive . needlees to say I drink 2 gallons of water also. Never ever mess arround with blood pressure .

Lookin

Feb 15, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
White's MXT; backup - BH Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
Other
[quote ]
There aren't too many, if ANY, ghost towns around my end of the country. Most times, around here, small communities that "die out" either get redeveloped (suburban sprall) or they get paved over for road projects. I'd love to explore and detect "ghost towns" like the ones you have out west. Have fun, but be vigilant of the rattlers. <smile> ~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov
[/quote]

There actually are some ghost towns here in KY, except they are under TVA and Corps of Engineer lakes. Most of the towns were "moved", but the original places are still there...under the water!

Great hunt you had. Watch the BP! Thanks for sharing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread