What's new

Rather Dull Box of Pennies

Generic_Lad

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 23, 2010
Messages
1,376
Reaction score
276
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Quick Draw
Primary Interest:
Other
Today's box of cents yielded 6 wheats (1947, 1951, 1948, 1955 D x3,) 1 Canadian (1965) and about 30% or so copper (which, since I haven't done pennies in a year or two, I can't say if it is low for 2011 in my area). Not a bad box, but not any too exciting.
 
Upvote 0
30% copper is better than the boxes I have got this year in my area. A half of dozen or so wheat's is about what I have been averaging.
 
Better than my last box.. 4 wheats (53, 53-D, 54-D, & 57-D) & 18% copper :(
 
SFBayArea said:
Better than my last box.. 4 wheats (53, 53-D, 54-D, & 57-D) & 18% copper :(

That's because you are, like I am, out west.

Generic - I would say that if you got 30% copper, you are from the east. And that is good. I would not call it dull. I'm averaging about 16 - 17% copper out here, with many boxes. And about 6.5 wheats per box. So you did well. :-)
 
I'm at <20% copper and about 6 wheats per box here in Northern California.
 
jrf30 said:
SFBayArea said:
Better than my last box.. 4 wheats (53, 53-D, 54-D, & 57-D) & 18% copper :(

That's because you are, like I am, out west.

Generic - I would say that if you got 30% copper, you are from the east. And that is good. I would not call it dull. I'm averaging about 16 - 17% copper out here, with many boxes. And about 6.5 wheats per box. So you did well. :-)

I wonder why? Why do the East Coasters get better coins.. both silver and copper? More searchers out here?
 
I get around 23% copper and avg 8-9 wheaties
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom