What's new

Rattler headphones

johnnycat

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2007
Messages
1,527
Reaction score
336
Golden Thread
0
Location
Shelbyville, IN.
Detector(s) used
Legend and Nokta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would like some opinions on the Gray Ghost "Rattler" headphone. It's the model that covers just one ear.
 
Have 'em. Love 'em. Use 'em all the time.

I hunt mostly at a local park or in old sites in the woods and in both places I find having one ear to the ground and one to what is happening around me much better than being "locked in" with the ambient sound deadening Black Widows. No doubt about it with my Musky I am more focused and do better with the Black Widows (faint sounds = deep objects), but with the added TID and alarm vs. field response circuits of my F-75 I still get the sounds that I need to alert me to targets.

The snake issue is not a problem hereabouts, but that is a great consideration for some folks I'm sure.

But you do lose the advantage of pointing to your headset and shrugging when someone is speaking at you when you don't want to be disturbed.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom