RAW GOLD BUYERS

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Thank you & thank you for your service to our country!

AU79 Prospector

Jun 25, 2017
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Nokta AU Goldfinder
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I know someone who runs a paydirt company looking for new sources of gold. If interested PM me and I can pass along his information. thanks!

rainwolf75

Nov 9, 2013
NW Georgia
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I do not know about California, however you can send it in to Gold Hog and they will pay 85% of spot price for raw placer gold. Just click on the embedded Gold Hog link to learn more.

Thank you for your service! :)

Last edited:

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
15 under spot, man I thought 9 under spot was bad.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Yes, how generous of them. I'll pass on that wonderful offer.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
15 under spot, man I thought 9 under spot was bad.

When I was buying gold from Arizona drywashers in the field, I paid 80% of spot, and they were happy to get it. In the real world, raw gold rarely goes above 22k, and sometimes is lower than 20k. You have to be a smart buyer, and a savvy seller. :skullflag:

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think placer gold buyers are rarely buying placer gold to actually sell to refiners.
Maybe in Alaska when it involves large amounts of flour gold.

The whole purity argument is really not even relevant except at the front end of the sale and that is just to increase profit.

80% spot price for placer gold is a good price...............for the buyer.

If someone wanted to test one of my nuggets for purity to establish a price - I'd laugh at them and walk off.
The value is in the form. It's an actual gold nugget - not some piece of pure metal generated from recycled cell phones.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

I'll keep it before I sell it for 80% spot.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nearly every town in Northern California has a local jewerly shop or pawn shop in town that will buy gold.

Oddjob

Silver Member
Aug 23, 2012
Detector(s) used
RD1000, GSSI Profiler EMP-400. GPZ 14 & 19
Primary Interest:
Other
When I was buying gold from Arizona drywashers in the field, I paid 80% of spot, and they were happy to get it. In the real world, raw gold rarely goes above 22k, and sometimes is lower than 20k. You have to be a smart buyer, and a savvy seller. :skullflag:

I have heard of people before now going for 9 under spot in Europe, but the only ones I knew who went for that where people selling less than 1000 grams or just did not know about selling to one of the federal refinery’s. The refinery was 4-7 under spot, less than a 100 grams and they would not even look at you, less than 3000 grams and you paid a 290 Euro assay fee.

But even on a good rate, never met anyone who liked selling their gold.

OP
OP
G

ghostminer

We'd be in the 25-30 oz per month range.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We'd be in the 25-30 oz per month range.

That's a horse of a different color. When I bought, it was 2-5 grams at a time. You should be working with a refiner. :skullflag:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'll keep it before I sell it for 80% spot.

When you are living off the grid, and trying to sell your gold for gasoline, food, ice, you are happy when someone travels out to you and offers 80%.

If you are grossing 25-30 ounces a month, yes, you would walk away. :skullflag:

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
there are really no buyers in Nevada City anymore, not at a store front anyhow.
in Grass Valley, there is Sierra Gold and Coin, located on W. Main across from the clock.
he pays 80% of spot for placer and that is for any amount, even a few grains. this is absolutely fair for what is mostly .915 to .925 fine.
if you're looking at some weight, then look for a refiner to sell to and negotiate.
if anything, you'd likely be able to negotiate with John Everhardt, the owner of SG&C, if what you have is worth his time.

if you're pulling 25-30/month, why are you asking anyone here for a place to sell? if you're that experienced, you'd already have a buyer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

ghostminer

Trying to line up a fair buyer near the mines as we will need the money for operations & pay. If I knew where the good buyers are I wouldn't ask. I don't want to ship gold, i'd rather take it in person. We should easily produce 1 oz+ per day when production starts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread