Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the RC40. It works great. It picks up small target better than expected. It also gets about 2 more inches deeper than the stock coil. It is on the heavy side though so I use the arm strap when swinging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Morpheus32

Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Delta 4000, Makro Racer 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the RC40. It works great. It picks up small target better than expected. It also gets about 2 more inches deeper than the stock coil. It is on the heavy side though so I use the arm strap when swinging it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I appreciate the feedback. Given the mass, it seems like a sling is the way to go.

George (MN)

May 16, 2005
I have the big Makro coil for the Red Racer. It air tests 18" on a quarter in 2 tone mode, vs 14" for stock coil.

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm considering getting the NEL Hunter/CORS Scout for my Racer 2. I think the price, size and weight factors are a good fit when considering a larger size coil, but I haven't made the purchase yet.

OP
OP
M

Morpheus32

Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I picked up the RC40 last night from the post office. This afternoon I will give it a go in the local park and see what we find.

dave_e

Aug 30, 2015
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend,
Rutus Atrex,
Minelab Equinox 600,
Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think of the RC40 Morpheus?

OP
OP
M

Morpheus32

Jun 28, 2017
Edmonton
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What do you think of the RC40 Morpheus?

I was using it last night. Couple of things. Firstly, it is huge, which is good and bad. It covers a great deal of territory per swing and works well. On the downside, it is huge and heavy. I am fit and work our regularly and I did notice the weight after a while but it was entirely workable. You just notice the weight. The rods have a wee bit of play in them due to the type of plastic so you get a bit of snap/wiggle when you swing it hard. Depth was amazing, to the point that I had to scale back the gain as it was going too deep as I was in a park! I think it is worth it overall.

Technonut

Tenderfoot
Apr 5, 2016
West 'By Gawd' Virginia
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 / Mars MD Tiger / CORS Fortune / CORS Point / Makro Pointer / DetectorPro Rattler Headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There's also the Mars 10"x13" Tiger... ;) I chose the Tiger over the Thunder. While not having the Thunder to compare, I find that the Tiger is lightweight, nicely balanced on my Racer 2, and has pretty damn good depth, as well as separation. :) Just putting this out there as another option for folks reading this thread.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread