What's new

Reasons to stay married

spartacus53

Banned
Joined
Jul 5, 2009
Messages
10,624
Reaction score
1,074
Golden Thread
0
Location
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, this is quite the opposite of the former post, but there is still room for error. :laughing9:

All you have to do is list the good things that make a marriage work.. My contribution

1- Your wife will know the last place you left the TV remote :icon_thumleft:

Note: We will see little input from the henpecked men :laughing7:
 
Who will feed me?
Who will wash my semi dirty socks?

Joe
 
You have to pay her attorney's fee, and it's 3 times the amount of your overpriced lawyer :laughing9:
 
Joe, good answers, but please note... This is not Jeopardy, so you needn't answer in question format :laughing7:

Be bold in your statements too, yell it for all to hear :headbang:
 
But that is what the kids asked when she told them she was leaving.
Joe
 
You think your honey do list is long now. Wait til she has the house to her self and you have to maintain it.
Joe
 
I know this will get me in trouble but:

I spent so much time training her. I am not going to start over.

In the DOG HOUSE for last comment
Joe
 
I have suspected for some time now that my wife has been cheating on me. The usual signs: if the phone rings and I answer, the caller hangs up; she goes out with the girls a lot. I try to stay awake to look out for her when she comes home but I usually fall asleep.

Anyway last night about midnight I hid in the shed behind the boat. When she came home she got out of someone's car buttoning her blouse, then she took her underpants out of her purse and slipped them on.

It was at that moment crouched behind the boat that I noticed a hairline crack in the outboard engine mounting bracket.

Is that something I can weld or do I need to replace it?

____________________

Sorry, had to lighten the mood.

Reason to stay married? Realize that very few people "match up." You wanna search again for 20 years???
 
Replace the mounting bracket, welding will never hold due to the vibrations :icon_thumleft:
 
My husband Chug and I are going on 16 years on Valentines day, we are still married because we make it work. We have never had a fight, we know when to walk away, and when to talk. We know each other so well, it's scary, in a good way. I know it's sappy, but we love each other so deeply, and fit each other so well, why look anymore, when I have exactly what I want and need right in my own home! :love3: Love you Chug, always and forever! Red
 
Chug & Red congratulations, and I mean that sincerely, but this is not exactly what I am looking for. :laughing7:

Even if it doesn't apply to you, please deliver something a bit warped, that will keep the crowd coming back for more :headbang:
 
spartacus53 said:
Chug & Red congratulations, and I mean that sincerely, but this is not exactly what I am looking for. :laughing7:

Even if it doesn't apply to you, please deliver something a bit warped, that will keep the crowd coming back for more :headbang:


Careful there Red is alittle warped!!! LOL Chug Ok a Lot, No red not the pan Again Ow Ow Ow !!!
 
Why is it that I can just read the thread title and KNOW who the author is without even looking? :D
 
Glad to see our house is not the only one with a frying pan that makes perfect donuts because the bottom is warped for some reason I cannot rmemeber.
Joe
 
These are the rules we established before we moved in after we were wed.
1. No one is ever to raise a hand to the other cost too much to fix eachother JK this happens relationship over so don't even go there.

2. Say what you want don't let things build up,if you disagree do so without being disagreeable,don't harm anyones things or your things. We have had to replace a broom maybe a dish but we do try to stick to the don't destroy things it is childish and someone can get hurt.

3. Either party has the right to go cool off or avoid the other should they so choose for as long as they need just go no explanation walk off drive off I have torn out on crutches but that didn't last too long. Rent motel stay with a friend but cool off.If you don't want to be around the others family don't go and don't care what they make of it you are free to do as you please. I reason if someone doesn't want to be with me why would I want them I will do what I can to make her happy.

4. No police and especially don't bring in family into your business they rarely give good advice and can only make things worse. Friends are cool they usually are there to listen and let you vent. But we rarely have breakdown in relations because we say what we feel.

5. Be forgiving as we both are cross threaded some times but we have far more fun than we ever could we are what we need we can communicate without saying a word.

6. No matter how much money we have do your best to shop around and discuss what we purchase to insure it is where we should go.

7.What ever your faith is that is your deal no one is to ever keep the other from that which would be considered spiritual.
We all grow in life at some time one might want to attend services, if that is your thing peace to you. If it is not my thing then you go have fun I will be fishing ;why not Jesus went fishing and I hear he was very good at it.

When we talk you would swear you were on the set of law and order because we say what we feel when my little girl has friends over at first they think we are fighting then realize that we speak and settle things rather quickly and get on with life. Sometimes she says things like lets trade this in 07 prius get that car 2010 Camaro I tell her go rent that car for a week and see if you like it. Then she says I am not waisting my money on a rental I say then how are you going to act with 60 payments over your head? Sure the car will need to be replaced but it is just getting into the 60Ks plenty life left. Fuel economy is too good anyway we like not getting fuel but 2x a month. We are blessed and both realize this even if I am broken down some of the time. I have weeks where I can't move I never know when things will flare up.
 
the Warden works for a law firm :whip2:
 
Well I got married to my wife on Feb 10, 1979/ I reason to stay married she is my handyman. She will try to fix anything and everything. So why would I want to throw that away. I can go metal detecting, fishing, hunting, or away for a weekend, and she dosen't complain. That s one reason to stay married......Matt
 
because she's a darn good shot .
 
spartacus53 said:
You have to pay her attorney's fee, and it's 3 times the amount of your overpriced lawyer :laughing9:

The reason divorce's cost so much is be cause THEY ARE WORTH IT!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom