What's new

Recent Bank Finds...

coinman123

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2013
Messages
4,676
Reaction score
5,768
Golden Thread
2
Location
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
Hello guys, Here are the coin finds that the awesome tellers at a couple of the banks in town I go to set aside for me.

Last week one of the tellers set aside this 1964 Half Dollar for me (First 90% in a while!)
a1964a.webp

On Saturday I stopped by to a bank I have not been since the winter, they still remembered me and had a 1953b Two Dollar Red Seal waiting for me.
a1953ba.webp


Today I ended up getting a 1952 Silver Quarter they set aside for me, along with a 1944d Wheat Penny.
a1952a.webp


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Not really a bank find but pretty cool.

Also, At the supermarket two Saturdays ago a woman who knew I collect coin came up to me and asked if I would like a bag of old foreign coins the banks won't take, in there were many foreign coins including plenty of Canada Cents including many 1950's Queen Elizabeth cents and three King Edward cents. There was also a beautiful 1962 Canada silver quarter and a proof special commemorative Canada quarter. There were 100 or so coins in the bag from Central America Britain and Canada. I offered to pay face value for the Canadian coins but they told me they are worthless to them because all the banks don't take American coins.

Sorry no photos at the moment of these.

I also got two 1920's wheat pennies in my change this week.
 
Upvote 18
Nice Save on them supermarket coins. Would love to be handed a bag of coins. Congrats on the contacts!
 
Awesome silver and wheat scores! Pays you well to have friends in good places!
 
Congrats, , I guess you were laughing all the way to the BANK. . lol
 
Three 40% silver Ikes from the same bank that had the 1952 quarter yesterday.
View attachment 1201688.
I will try to get more photos
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom