What's new

Recent Dig Finds

catherine1

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 25, 2010
Messages
1,817
Reaction score
1,080
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these artifacts digging. Another tine point. Ft. Ancient and Hopewell points. The almost tine point. And a couple of knives. Plus the decorated/lugs of pottery. Thanks for viewing.
 

Attachments

  • 003 (1024x768).webp
    003 (1024x768).webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 119
  • 004 (1024x768).webp
    004 (1024x768).webp
    65.5 KB · Views: 102
  • 005 (1024x768).webp
    005 (1024x768).webp
    104.5 KB · Views: 100
Upvote 0
Thanks for the reply Americas. Seems like the artifact interest on this forum is fading.
 
Nice really like the bone that scored antler piece is interesting.
 
Thanks for the reply Americas. Seems like the artifact interest on this forum is fading.

These are very nice finds! So many different items in one day. I've noticed the interest fading and just think it's due to many new members getting blasted by a few constant "posts" saying "Its just a rock" "Its a Geofact, nothing more nothing less"...Its like they can't wait to post and have their negatives on "Speed dial"...Just my opinion, but probably why many aren't sharing as much anymore...:( Many "rocks" don't show well in pics and the end result is a Very discouraged Newbie (and Old-bie)

I know, "If you can't take the heat, get out of the Kitchen"...but people are just not going to post as the end result.

MinerGirl....P.S. I think I'm being negative today, Consumer's Energy called...They want their Million Dollars...:)
 
Last edited:
Unfortunetly for us Newbies it means not learning as much from more knowledgable folks. I can and have taken the heat, but the heat teaches. I have become a better hunter due to the critisism. Great artifacts Catherine!!
 
sweetmimz3,
Of course you are right about that. I was more referring to differences in "areas of interest"...some people who study intensely on their area, such as "Woodland" artifacts may or may not be intensely studying thousands of years prior Stone Tools. Example, Stone Tools BEFORE the arrowheads were invented etc. and because other's finds don't "Look" say, "Woodland", the Newbies are getting blasted for finding "Just Rocks" when they could really have very ancient stone tools. Not always, but its knocked out more than a few who were originally excited by their finds.

Just my thoughts...MinerGirl
 
I always keep my "just rocks" because in the back of my mind I think maybe they could possibly be wrong due to picture quality etc. So I put my "just rocks" in my garden, if they are something, they are right there :)
 
I always keep my "just rocks" because in the back of my mind I think maybe they could possibly be wrong due to picture quality etc. So I put my "just rocks" in my garden, if they are something, they are right there :)

That is the Smart thing to do. I'm still learning and probably keep too much, but Sooo Many times I'll study and say, "I Knew It"!! So Thats what you call that!

MinerGirl
 
Nice finds! Killer point in the bottom left of the last pic, is that piece Fort ancient or Hopewell? Looks like it might be a little older. Thanks for the view.
 
Thats a Hopewell point Viking. Thanks for the replies guys. I just noticed the forum is missing a few people.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom