What's new

A couple more finds.

choo

Hero Member
Joined
Jul 31, 2009
Messages
833
Reaction score
2,489
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got out again for another hunt found a few artifacts, I really like the little bird point unusual find for the site I hunt
 

Attachments

  • IMG_7359.webp
    IMG_7359.webp
    5.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_7362.webp
    IMG_7362.webp
    5 MB · Views: 104
  • IMG_7361.webp
    IMG_7361.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
  • IMG_7363.webp
    IMG_7363.webp
    5.4 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_7366.webp
    IMG_7366.webp
    4.7 MB · Views: 75
Upvote 0
I got out again for another hunt found a few artifacts, I really like the little bird point unusual find for the site I hunt
I’ve been told that the “bird point” really wasn’t intended just for small game. A well placed lung or heart shot at close range could easily kill deer. Makes sense to me. Nice finds by the way. I ONLY find small points like that in my area. I think they used them for the last 1500 years or more here. They hunted deer, elk, big horn sheep, but mostly smaller framed black tail deer and small prey.
 
I’ve been told that the “bird point” really wasn’t intended just for small game. A well placed lung or heart shot at close range could easily kill deer. Makes sense to me. Nice finds by the way. I ONLY find small points like that in my area. I think they used them for the last 1500 years or more here. They hunted deer, elk, big horn sheep, but mostly smaller framed black tail deer and small prey.
I've heard that the "bird point" was really arrow points, and that the larger ones we typically call "arrowheads" were too large and heavy for arrows and were actually dart points (atlatl) or spear points. I have a couple of arrows made by a modern Native American for hunting, and they do indeed have small points on them.
 
I always like finding the ones that add a new dimension to a spot, make you rethink what you thought about how old, or what to expect from there.
 
I agree when you find the true little arrowheads it s a happy day. Not that I am opposed to anything over 3" which for me is rare. Nice hunt Choo.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom