What's new

Recent Finds From the Dez

oldmxrat

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 25, 2020
Messages
10,940
Reaction score
47,773
Golden Thread
1
Location
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got busy and forgot to post my finds from Sunday. Nothing very exciting, but a few interesting pieces.

IMG_2274.webp
IMG_2275.webp


Only the second pencil sharpener I've found, and both from the same place!
IMG_2276.webp
IMG_2277.webp
 
Upvote 16
A great mix of finds - congrats !
 
I like that pencil sharpener! What is the "Common Sense" item?
 
A "Common Sense" cuff adjuster is an antique Victorian-era metal clothing accessory with a patent date of December 29, 1885.

Key Details
  • Original Purpose: Officially marketed or designed as a men's accessory clip to adjust and hold shirt cuffs in place.
  • Alternative Use ("Gambler's Friend"): Because of its spring-loaded or gripping design, it was widely known as a card cheat or magic tool used to secretly hold and hide a playing card up a person's sleeve.
  • Size and Design: Typically measures around 2 1/2 inches long and is stamped with the words "Common Sense"
  • Don in SoCal (with AI assistance)
Adding: https://www.ebay.com/itm/226041346705
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I like that pencil sharpener! What is the "Common Sense" item?
@Mackaydon responded to you before I could. Strangely enough, I've found 5 of them so far. :dontknow:
A "Common Sense" cuff adjuster is an antique Victorian-era metal clothing accessory with a patent date of December 29, 1885.

Key Details
  • Original Purpose: Officially marketed or designed as a men's accessory clip to adjust and hold shirt cuffs in place.
  • Alternative Use ("Gambler's Friend"): Because of its spring-loaded or gripping design, it was widely known as a card cheat or magic tool used to secretly hold and hide a playing card up a person's sleeve.
  • Size and Design: Typically measures around 2 1/2 inches long and is stamped with the words "Common Sense"
  • Don in SoCal (with AI assistance)
Adding: https://www.ebay.com/itm/226041346705
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom