luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As I understand it, and it hasn't been mentioned here, detectors have a voltage regulator that steps down fresh batteries to whatever voltage the electronics really operate at. Therefore, until this voltage drops, depth and performance stays the same as long as the batteries are within the range that maintains the regulator value. I generally change my batteries before they actually fail just to be sure, but haven't had any problem running them for quite a while.
luvdux

steve1357

May 17, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Fisher Teknetics Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As I understand it, and it hasn't been mentioned here, detectors have a voltage regulator that steps down fresh batteries to whatever voltage the electronics really operate at. Therefore, until this voltage drops, depth and performance stays the same as long as the batteries are within the range that maintains the regulator value. I generally change my batteries before they actually fail just to be sure, but haven't had any problem running them for quite a while.
luvdux

Agreed.

My Tesoros easily run on two beeps, running on 7v of a 9.6v battery with no drop in performance.

Stoof2010

Jul 12, 2016
S.E. Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im using lithium 9v batteries, they're like 8.4v or so. Im at a loss what you have at 4v each.

I believe he's referring to AA. The lithium AA are 3.7 to 4.2 volts instead of the 1.5 volt alkaline. Can damage circuit putting so much voltage in.

As long as the 9 volts are near 9 volts they should work fine.
The only rechargeables I have are the ones that came with my makro Racer 2 pro pack but haven't used them.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread