Reclaiming silver

MadPoetLaw

Feb 3, 2011
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have researched the possibility of silver / gold recovery through reverse electrolysis online quite a bit and i simply don't thinks it's possible. I think everyone who is doing this uses chemical processes. If reverse electrolysis were possible you'd be much better off buying silver plate at flea markets, auctions, scrap yards and reclaiming that as opposed to x rays and such. There are many videos on youtube about reclaiming silver from everything from keyboards to xrays. Personally, I feel that the whole chemical reclamation process goes way beyond a level of casual DIY hobbyist such as myself and have no desire play with such toxic stuff. In the end there is no real reason to do it all anyways because you can sell the un/semi processed materials on ebay as is provided you have a fair amounts of the stuff laying around. Just run a search for silver or gold scrap recovery on ebay and you'll see there is plenty of demand for everything that contains precious metals from computer parts to cell phones.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions