Recon location #2 :UPDATED ----> More PICTURES below (stuff I found)

D

Deadshot

Now here is the one that is getting me really excited. Further down the beach from recon location #1 http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,18438.0.html There is a little creek running down into the ocean. About 30 feet off the beach on the cliff that runs into the forest I found something that really excites me. It seems to be a man made rock wall that has been covered by years of sand/vegitation. I know it is man made because in the surrounding area there is absolutley no rocks in the ground. Some one had to have carried these rocks from the small creek on the beach. The picture doesnt really show how this is situated but I will try to explain. When you are standing on the beach looking up you see a crumbling clay hill/cliff, on top of the clay layer there is a good thick layer of sandstone which is then covered with sand. On top of the sand there is sandy soil that the over growth is setting in. The rock wall is int he sandy layer. It has been undergound for along time and is jsut now poking out from the years of errosion.

Some one had to have dug down and placed those rocks there for some reason. OR the rocks were placed there before the sand and vegitation moved in. Me being a very imanginative young treasure hunter, I am already thinking either pirates or indians. We will see soon, I am going back tommorow with a probe, a shovel. a crowbar, and my detector.

Attachments

• wall.jpg
    wall.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 536
Upvote 0
F

Floater

Re: Recon location #2

Any updates on this Deadshot? Be carefull . It does not look like real solid ground and moving a few rocks could be tricky. Later, HH

EDDE

Gold Member
Dec 7, 2004
Detector(s) used
Troy X5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

take your time man,the ancients used to hide caches of spear and arrow point for a use at a later time!also this could be a catch basin(long since silted over of course) for alluvial gold washing out from the mountains so bring some buckets and screens and shovels and check the sand content for colors!could be a number of things so just tkae it slow and think cover your bases and be careful! dekalb33

lets_go

Dec 29, 2004
Wyandotte, Michigan

I read some where, that there is supposed to be some kind of Spanish treasure buried on the beach in Oregon. ?It was something like 30 tons of silver. ?Don't qoute me on this now.

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero

That Spanish silver was near Neakanie Mountain. I found it years ago. ;D It was only 3 tons, not 30.

OP
OP
D

Deadshot

Update as soon as I get a chance to head back up there. Been real busy lately so it might be a while.

Deadshot

OP
OP
D

Deadshot

Well I went.... And I dug. Found a layer of Charcoal that was riddled with metal..... (square nails, and lots of stuff.....jsut look :P The box is full of nails and more cans pieces and stuff.

Attachments

• Wall stuff.jpg
    Wall stuff.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 340
  • Boxofcrap.jpg
    Boxofcrap.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 332
  • Cans.jpg
    Cans.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 324
OP
OP
D

Deadshot

more

Attachments

• PocketKnife.jpg
    PocketKnife.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 312
  • Rimfire casing.jpg
    Rimfire casing.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 326

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
That casing is a Winchester, most likely. It could also be German, but most likely Winchester. Can you tell the calibers of the two casings?

Ilovetodig

Feb 14, 2005
Now in Guam
Detector(s) used
ACE 250/ Fisher D2
Looks like an interesting site. Be careful and keep digging. Who knows it may have been a camp site for the Army or Calvary way back in the day.

nuggetshooter323

Jul 22, 2005
Colorado Springs
Detector(s) used
The Legend, Anfibio Equinox 900, Gold Kruzer, XP Deus, ORX, Tesoro Tejon, Whites GMT, Falcon MD20, XP MI-6, Fisher F-Pulse, Pulse Dive, Vibra Probe, UniProbe.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
All that metal could be a decoy to mask a cache.

RedSpey

May 16, 2005
Eugene, OR
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
lets_go said:
RedSpey said:
That Spanish silver was near Neakanie Mountain.? I found it years ago.?? ;D? It was only 3 tons, not 30.

I don't believe ya.

What?!!? Why not?!! ;) Of course I had to employ the guide services of Sasquatch to find it, but it was well worth putting up with the odor. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread