bigscoop
Gold Member
- Joined
- Jun 4, 2010
- Messages
- 14,653
- Reaction score
- 9,097
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Wherever there be treasure!
- Detector(s) used
- Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Lately I've been making two or three quick, fairly deep scoops before the hole fills back in, quickly dumping them all left of the hole when the currents allow it. Usually when I sweep the piles of the fading dumps the target is in there somewhere and easy to retrieve, not always, but most of the time. Just found this to be easier and less hassle then the repetitive scooping, checking, scooping & checking of a hole that is always filling back in. Sometimes I'd would really like to float a backhoe out there but........
How's everyone else approach recovering items in the surf?
How's everyone else approach recovering items in the surf?
Upvote
0
there is a delay in getting the tone if the target is still in the hole, but when checking the already dug contents first, I hear the tone quicker if it is there....this is just my method and it seems to save me time.






