What's new

Rectangle flat button?

Alan Payne

Full Member
Joined
Jan 3, 2018
Messages
165
Reaction score
258
Golden Thread
0
Location
Interlachen, Fl
Detector(s) used
GTP 1350 Garrett ; Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this about a month ago at a turn of the century house. I was hoping someone would recognize it. It has no makers marks on it, but I believe it to be a Button of some sort. I believe it is made of brass. Any ideas? Thanks for looking A8E68B81-0C8C-4B3C-80CC-FB7E4C46D5C8.webpB2A4CC2A-0A90-4495-B7FA-0440B2D2D808.webp
 
I'm not seeing 'button', more likely decorative hardware from a document box or possibly an escutcheon plate for a jewelry box pull. :icon_scratch:
Looks to date from the Eastlake Period in design.

"The Eastlake Movement was an American 19thc architectural and household design reform movement started by architect and writer Charles Eastlake (1836–1906). The movement is generally considered part of the late Victorian period in terms of broad antique furniture designations. In architecture the Eastlake Style or Eastlake architecture is part of the Queen Anne style of Victorian architecture."

Dave
 
Upvote 0
I agree with Dave, it looks ornamental to me as well
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for that info. It looks as if it might have been glued on something. The biggest reason I was thinking Button was for the reliefs that are at each corner. They look perfect for the function of string or thread to have been over the corners. Thank you for your interest and knowledge.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom