Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching wild life never gets boring .No mater how many truly amazing things you have seen you never seen it all. Nice pictures .
glass half fool
Thanks again..
It never gets old and Its always amazing to witness.
I enjoy sharing these moments with all here
Take care
Bill

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta agree with Bill....no way that fox would want to tackle a bobcat. Some of the bobcats around here weigh as much as 50lbs, and would be dangerous for an unarmed human. The biggest fox I've ever seen only weighed 15lbs....ain't much to 'em.
Jim
Thanks Jim in Idaho
Looks like those cats surly eat well..
With reports of rabies things can turn for the worse quickly
The foxes were out again this morning

Attachments

• IMG_7227.MOV
    9 MB
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great pics and story! I'm so jealous! Nice neighborhood! 😄
Lenrac2
Thank You
Always special moments to watch all the wildlife activity
I probably also need to be aware of my surroundings when I’m outside

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo shoots! Rare captions. I've had close bobcat encounters, disrupted one at dusk while it was hunting, roared at me like a bear growling. Your fox is merely watching the cat hunting, it knows better than to mess with the claws.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great photo shoots! Rare captions. I've had close bobcat encounters, disrupted one at dusk while it was hunting, roared at me like a bear growling. Your fox is merely watching the cat hunting, it knows better than to mess with the claws.
ole miss rebel
Thank You
That must have been a frightening moment to have that growl at you.
I’ve read about those two will fight at times So I’ll never know the outcome.
Please also be careful out there

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks Jim in Idaho
Looks like those cats surly eat well..
With reports of rabies things can turn for the worse quickly
The foxes were out again this morning
I thought of rabies this morning. We were walking the dog and ran into a couple of goose hunters. They'd found a dead fox in the pasture while setting decoys. No sign of gunshot wounds, etc.
Jim

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I thought of rabies this morning. We were walking the dog and ran into a couple of goose hunters. They'd found a dead fox in the pasture while setting decoys. No sign of gunshot wounds, etc.
Jim
Probably poison used to kill coyotes got the fox. Poison is a horrible way to kill and is very indiscriminate. I knew a man who traveled through Nebraska with his dogs. He let them run loose a minute in the country to exercise, they found poisoned bait for coyotes & it killed them both, sad.

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim
Thank You
Often on the news we hear of coyotes and foxes attacking people and are found to have rabies.
One day while driving I saw a fox running down the middle of a road going into a yard running around the house several times and back down the road
Take care

OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Probably poison used to kill coyotes got the fox. Poison is a horrible way to kill and is very indiscriminate. I knew a man who traveled through Nebraska with his dogs. He let them run loose a minute in the country to exercise, they found poisoned bait for coyotes & it killed them both, sad.
Thank You
That’s very sad to read…
I’ve heard in the past that farmers have placed poisonous items also

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thank You
That’s very sad to read…
I’ve heard in the past that farmers have placed poisonous items also
As a child, I lost a German Shephard to poison the county put out. Knowing the people involved, I'd say it's highly unlikely in this case, though the fox could have picked it up somewhere else, and didn't die for a while. I saw my German Shephard kill and eat the ground squirrel that had ingested the strychnine. It took a couple of hours for the poison to take effect. You just never know what moron is going to put poison out. Every now and then you read reports of somebody poisoning dogs, cats, etc.
Jim

Last edited:
OP
OP
billb

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a child, I lost a German Shephard to poison the county put out. Knowing the people involved, I'd say it's highly unlikely in this case, though the fox could have picked it up somewhere else, and didn't die for a while. I saw my German Shephard kill and eat the ground squirrel that had ingested the strychnine. It took a couple of hours for the poison to take effect. You just never know what moron is going to put poison out. Every now and then you read reports of somebody poisoning dogs, cats, etc.
Jim
Thanks Jim for sharing
Sad to read about your dog..
Perhaps one day things will be better.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread