What's new

Red in the morning.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 10, 2010
Messages
6,942
Reaction score
8,441
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
sunrise1A.webp
7 AM yesterday morning. Looking east from my porch. The colors were a deep red, but my camera didn't capture that, on automatic, the camera washed the color out, and even playing on the computer I couldn't get the proper color. I'm to dumb to do anything with manual exposier, so I just live with those limitations.

sunrise5A.webp
Same time, same morning, looking south from my porch. Again, the colors are faded out compared to real life. Oh yeah, the saying "red in the morning," in this case that's true, started to rain by noon, and it's still raining at noon the next day.
 
Very nice, even washed out.
 
Spectacular! Thanks for sharing!
 
Nice pics!

Unfortunately, most cameras lack the dynamic range to capture all
those gorgeous colors at once. In the top pic, the contrast of the
dark foreground and the intensely bright red/orange of the sunrise
is an issue, as the camera firmware is trying to balance the brightness,
contrast and colors across the image.

I saved both pics and dropped them into my processing program...couldn't
do a thing to help either one. :sadsmiley:
 
Still is pretty
 
I get the picture, even though the camera didn't capture its full glory. Nice shots.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom