RED JASPER HARDAWAY

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
hd1.jpghd2.jpghd2.jpghd4.jpghd5.jpghd6.jpghd7.jpg This piece is so beautiful! Red with blue veins. G10 Quality! Enjoy friends!:hello:

Upvote 0
Some members may think that some of the other members are to hard and ask to many questions about artifacts that have been posted. I give this challenge to any one that post museum grade artifacts with no provenance or artifacts found by the bucket full all out of content. Make a post on any other artifact site and make a link for the members on here to read them and all will see that it will be the same response that the poster is getting on this site . Some folks just don't know about finding artifacts and how an were certain things are found, but most of the new collectors don't know what a slipper slope it is to buying artifacts. I ask will any take my dare !!!!!!!!!!!

Not that you will believe me but i have the finders name and so does the gentlemen that i purchased it from. I have the county and state as well. It came from a very reputable collector and the piece was offered directly to me. You keep saying i buy this or that. Way,way,way more of my items posted are personal finds. I make p.f.'s posts with no story for a reason. That tells me over and over again that you are either not as good as you think you are or you are a very jealous man and you really just don't like ME. I think it's both! Ding,ding - i win the prize. Stop looking at my posts dude and move on.

Then why not just give the info when you first post it? I think it's because you know it cause controversy so you continue to do it. As for being jealous, not a chance. You haven't posted one thing that makes me jealous of you. As for not liking you, I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you. As for stopping looking at your posts, I DO WHAT I WANT. lol

mogi, you are stating you did NOT obtain the item from J & D?

Yet that is definitely the same item.

Look at the crazy birdstones those alone would raise red flags about other relics they have
Axes | Bannerstones | Birdstones | Indian Arrowheads-Artifacts used by Ancient Native Indians

No sir,dognose - I am purchasing the item mentioned from Mr. Royster (J and Dee) but the item was not found by him. I have the gentlemens name county and state from where it was found. Mr. Royster has sent me many,many items at no cost to me for study purposes. No other authenticator i know would ever do that. There is never a time period or sales pitch involved. If he knows the story then he will give it. If it was found by someone else then he will give me all of the info he has on that as well. I repeat myself - most of my collection is p.f.'s and yes i have posted many of them here. Most of the time even though i know with certainty they are authentic,members will shoot them down. I originally started this forum with area's,material,etc only to called a ....,so i just stopped. No offense to you because you are very descriptive with your posts,but even you pick up items from others that you DEF believe to be authentic even though you yourself was not the person who dug it up. This is what i am talkng about. Lets say there is an estate sell advertised with indian artifacts. You go out of interest and curiosity. You see several pieces you love and would be overjoyed to add them to your collection. The gentleman who owned them had a C.O.A. on them already but you are allowed to take them,inspect them with scope, lights,etc. They look fantastic to you, but you want to seek one and maybe two other opinions just to ease your mind. After the old gentlemans C.O.A., your scrutinizing inspection,one or two other reputable thumbs up and C.O.A.'s you decide it is a good purchase and you make it with no regrets. The pieces have been looked at by several experts and collectors alike and you have even been offered multiple thousands of dollars for them by several different people that collect and do it for a living. But that is not your intent for adding them to your collection so you refuse to sell these pieces.Out of the many,many collectors and authenticators that think you did an amazing job and totally are jealous of your new beautiful pieces(pun), a person looks at a picture of them and tells you they are fake. What would have ran across your mind if when you posted your beautiful bannerstone, someone would have called you a ....? Respectfully, Mogi

Then why not just give the info when you first post it? I think it's because you know it cause controversy so you continue to do it. As for being jealous, not a chance. You haven't posted one thing that makes me jealous of you. As for not liking you, I don't know you well enough to like or dislike you. As for stopping looking at your posts, I DO WHAT I WANT. lol

I can respect that! Sooner or later come h... or high water - you and me are going to be friends. Well, at least be able to tolerate each other with respect. lol

One of the red flags to me is the price. $300 seems way low for a large, pristine example of that type in a beautiful material with impeccable provenance. All this from a reputable dealer who knows his shiz wouldn't be priced at that, but that's just my 2 cents.

One of the red flags to me is the price. $300 seems way low for a large, pristine example of that type in a beautiful material with impeccable provenance. All this from a reputable dealer who knows his shiz wouldn't be priced at that, but that's just my 2 cents.
Dear sir- Mr. Royster thinks very,very highly of me as a person. He is an older gentleman who has been nothing but kind to me. We are planning a get together with some of my other older collector friends who are partically disabled to meet and dig at our family site in Arkansas. I have a landscape/handyman co and am traveling 5 states just to go help him out. Kindness goes a long way. I just love and respect his knowledge immensely. He is a man of God and has told me on several occasions things to look for and to look out for.B.t.w., I showed a Carter Cave Clovis awhile back on this forum. It was listed for 5000.00 on the site. He gave that to me. And that Def is not the first things. His words are- Mogi, you can't take it with you when you go. There are 2 collections that I have seen that completely floored me, and his is one of them.

The gentleman who owned them had a C.O.A. on them already

Some COA's aren't worth doodly squat. Esp if someone is selling a relic with their own COA on it.
Don't buy the COA.

Some COA's aren't worth doodly squat. Esp if someone is selling a relic with their own COA on it.
Don't buy the COA.
Sir- did you not read the message? I have mine done by multiple sources that have nothing to do with the artifact in question.

the stuff you post is worth 10's or even 100's of thousands of dollars...this is the main reason any of us question your items. It isn't jealousy...it is healthy and experienced skepticism. We KNOW the value of the items you post, were they to be real. You are either an incredibly wealthy individual or an incredibly gullible one.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]One of the other Native American artifact forums has an excellent "Information Center". And one of the categories in their Info Center concerns "Fakes, Frauds, Reproductions, and Authentification". And within that category is an area called "The Problem with Authenticators", including essays by John Berner, Jon Dickinson, and Gary Fogelman(editor of now defunct Indian Artifact Magazine")[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I would so love to post a link to it, because we could all learn so very much from those essays and others reproduced there. I honestly believe Mogi would find those essays a real eye opener. I know I did. For instance, I did not know that Gregory Perino's eyesight failed him by the late 90's, and the fakers took advantage. In fact, according to Dickinson, informed collectors actually now assume late stage Perino COA's paper modern pieces. I had no idea that was the case. I was reading his excellent essay last night.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]With moderator permission, I would post a link to that page. It is the Info Center, and not the active section of that forum. But folks can find it, using the info I mentioned above. And Mogi really would benefit from reading it, IMHO. Documented cases of authenticators selling pieces they themselves know full well are fakes![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]And there are now in the vicinity of ~100 authenticators out there. There's a reason for that, and it isn't in order to keep up with all the authentic relics!! Rather, it is directly related the $$$ to be made papering repros as real!![/FONT]

One of the other Native American artifact forums has an excellent "Information Center". And one of the categories in their Info Center concerns "Fakes, Frauds, Reproductions, and Authentification". And within that category is an area called "The Problem with Authenticators", including essays by John Berner, Jon Dickinson, and Gary Fogelman(editor of now defunct Indian Artifact Magazine")

I would so love to post a link to it, because we could all learn so very much from those essays and others reproduced there. I honestly believe Mogi would find those essays a real eye opener. I know I did. For instance, I did not know that Gregory Perino's eyesight failed him by the late 90's, and the fakers took advantage. In fact, according to Dickinson, informed collectors actually now assume late stage Perino COA's paper modern pieces. I had no idea that was the case. I was reading his excellent essay last night.

With moderator permission, I would post a link to that page. It is the Info Center, and not the active section of that forum. But folks can find it, using the info I mentioned above. And Mogi really would benefit from reading it, IMHO. Documented cases of authenticators selling pieces they themselves know full well are fakes!

And there are now in the vicinity of ~100 authenticators out there. There's a reason for that, and it isn't in order to keep up with all the authentic relics!! Rather, it is directly related the $$$ to be made papering repros as real!!

I to have read about Greg Perino being duped in his later years. The other problem I see with mogis COA's is they are from some of the worst offenders in the market. Jeff Baker, Tony Putty, J&Dee, Partain, Insight, etc. All of these guys will paper anything as long as someone is willing to pay and have papered some of THE most obvious fakes that are out there.

remember too...most of us don't buy, we "find". so for most of us a field grade point is a priceless treasure. buying a point would not be what we are into and is a very different way to think about artifacts (for us). We are not coin collectors...(well I am actually), but what i mean is coin collecting is very different for us than finding our own points and artifacts...apples and oranges so to speak. I would never upgrade a point the way I would a coin.

you just made me laugh coffee out my nose...

Maybe we could have a personal finds thread or section only. I really don't care to look at what others bought myself.

Personally, I have no problem with anyone buying artifacts. The biggest thing you need to do before you ever contemplate buying artifacts, and especially the high end pieces, is to study flaking styles, most common materials used, distribution ranges, average sizes, your dealers reputation, etc. Going into it blindly will cost you lots of money for most likely bogus artifacts.

I had to buy a few pieces for my States Collection but I made sure I bought them off people I trusted 100% and I didn't go for high end pieces. I bought a lot of really nice common field grade pieces for great prices and built up a very nice collection. It represents every state except Hawaii. I did get ripped off a couple of times on Ebay and learned my lesson quickly. I should have known a Beaver Lake for under $20 was a bad deal but I took a chance and it was a horrible example in hand. lol

what are you going to do about Hawaii?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back