RED JASPER HARDAWAY

mogi

Nov 30, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
hd1.jpghd2.jpghd2.jpghd4.jpghd5.jpghd6.jpghd7.jpg This piece is so beautiful! Red with blue veins. G10 Quality! Enjoy friends!:hello:

Upvote 0
what are you going to do about Hawaii?

I never could find anything I could afford. I couldn't find anyone that would trade and the things I saw online were more than I was willing to pay. I did have a Poi Pounder I could have gotten fairly cheap a few years back, but it was broken and was really big so it would be hard to display. If it happens some day that would be cool, but I just don't worry about about it right now.

These posts are getting more entertaining than Yahoo news!

Woo hoo another mogi post. Im gettin the popcorn ready for another episode of "as the native American artifact world turns". I couldn't tell ya the difference between a clovis point and a bevis and butthead point, but you better believe I checkout the mogi posts.real, fake, bought or found, I dont care !! Great entertainment sir !! Never seen someone upset the balance of the universe so much. The only thing more entertaining would be a melee with hand axes and bannerstones.

You made me smile really big sir! Thank you for that! Got lots of axes,but gonna save them for a later episode. Keep tuned in my friend! I hunted for 1 1/2 hrs this morning before i started cutting trees. If you would like to see what im trying to pull over on these guys look under Oldies But Goodies. They are at the end of the thread.

Now that's funny.

Attachments

• through_da_nose_dude.jpg
    through_da_nose_dude.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 140
I haven't got involved yet and for the most parts I have learned a lot of do's/ don't authenticate vs fake... but when phrases like "save them for another episode" and "if you like to see what I'm trying to pull on these guys" - just kind of makes a joke about your intentions. This site is intended to be a place of learning not ego's and whatever else has been going on. All I ask Mogi is include all of the information in the beginning of each post. Personal find or purchases. If personal find where, when, how's.... if purchased talk about the history of when purchased, purchased from, name on COA, or whatever else to show proof of authenticity. Your posts are clearly becoming a joke and it's a shame - nice stuff. If real or fake can teach all of us what to look for or you can get your kudos. Your posts have to stop being a running joke. You just need to stop holding back - if your holding back in fear of criticism I am sorry but that's clearly what your getting now. Just help all of us understand your intentions and share the history. Sorry I am rambling but this has just become a real waste of time when an easy fix is available and real tangible knowledge to gain.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]One of the other Native American artifact forums has an excellent "Information Center". And one of the categories in their Info Center concerns "Fakes, Frauds, Reproductions, and Authentification". And within that category is an area called "The Problem with Authenticators", including essays by John Berner, Jon Dickinson, and Gary Fogelman(editor of now defunct Indian Artifact Magazine")[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I would so love to post a link to it, because we could all learn so very much from those essays and others reproduced there. I honestly believe Mogi would find those essays a real eye opener. I know I did. For instance, I did not know that Gregory Perino's eyesight failed him by the late 90's, and the fakers took advantage. In fact, according to Dickinson, informed collectors actually now assume late stage Perino COA's paper modern pieces. I had no idea that was the case. I was reading his excellent essay last night.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]With moderator permission, I would post a link to that page. It is the Info Center, and not the active section of that forum. But folks can find it, using the info I mentioned above. And Mogi really would benefit from reading it, IMHO. Documented cases of authenticators selling pieces they themselves know full well are fakes![/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]And there are now in the vicinity of ~100 authenticators out there. There's a reason for that, and it isn't in order to keep up with all the authentic relics!! Rather, it is directly related the $$$ to be made papering repros as real!![/FONT]

Already read it a long time ago and was informed of Mr. Perino's eyesight as well,actually by an authenticator.

I to have read about Greg Perino being duped in his later years. The other problem I see with mogis COA's is they are from some of the worst offenders in the market. Jeff Baker, Tony Putty, J&Dee, Partain, Insight, etc. All of these guys will paper anything as long as someone is willing to pay and have papered some of THE most obvious fakes that are out there.

Sorry, don't agree. If you do research on all authenticators you will find good and bad reviews. Many times people are often times angry if their artifact is killed. I will agree that some are more knowledgeable than others and that is where you have to find someone or multiple sources that YOU trust. The bottom line is if you are a big item collector and you decide you want to sell a piece or pieces for a large sum of $, you will have to have one or more C.O.A'S. No one is going to take your word for it. There have been large court cases against even the most respected authenticators that were not mentioned in your post above. Even if you guys dont believe me, and i really have almost quit even trying to convince you - I have some incredible personal finds. These have been posted to this forum, but for some reason you think i buy all my artifacts and have no knowledge or have only been doing this for a couple of weeks. You are wrong on all accounts. I will say that i do and have purchased items that i consider an asset to my collection and always get a minimum of one C.O.A.. I even get C.O.A.'s on my personal finds as well for approximate value's. Guy's, i really do appreciate you! I appreciate your input,insight and idea's or concepts that i have not thought of! God bless you and happy hunting! Mogi

Already read it a long time ago and was informed of Mr. Perino's eyesight as well,actually by an authenticator.

Actually, I only mentioned the business about Perino because it was something I did not know myself. It was the least important info contained in those essays. I recommend everybody interested in authenticity and authenticators read those observations to learn just how slippery a slope relying on authenticators in the modern market can be. To learn about some of the dishonest crap authenticators and dealers are pulling. As in pulling the wool over collectors eyes. People should learn what a complete joke the authentication business has become. There are some honest ones for sure, although an opinion, no matter how experienced is still an opinion, and Grim has mentioned some who really should be avoided as their papers are not worth their weight in sawdust......

Not that you will believe me but i have the finders name and so does the gentlemen that i purchased it from. I have the county and state as well. It came from a very reputable collector and the piece was offered directly to me. You keep saying i buy this or that. Way,way,way more of my items posted are personal finds. I make p.f.'s posts with no story for a reason. That tells me over and over again that you are either not as good as you think you are or you are a very jealous man and you really just don't like ME. I think it's both! Ding,ding - i win the prize. Stop looking at my posts dude and move on.

So, you're really just testing us? If you find that one of your personal finds are rejected here as not genuine, why do you need to test people "over and over again"? Would not one time tell you what you believe to be the case? Why do you need personal confirmation over and over again? Can we now just assume when you post a G 10 relic, with no info, just photos, that you are simply launching another test?

mogi wrote:

"I make p.f.'s posts with no story for a reason".

I really am struck by this. And kinda insulted. Since the experienced folks here are only speaking from their considerable experience, and are offering honest observations, perhaps you could stop insulting us by posting personal finds for the express purpose of testing us? After all, you list no other reason for posting your personal finds beyond wishing to confirm your belief that we experienced folks think too highly of ourselves, or are jealous. Perhaps in the future, instead of looking for ways to support your own confirmation bias, in your own echo chamber, you could do us the favor now of identifying your personal finds as such, and filling us in with the neat stories that surely must accompany finding a G 10 relic? How 'bout it? Have you tested us enough by now to satisfy your confirmation bias?

I have some incredible personal finds. These have been posted to this forum

Mogi,

I think all of us would love to see your personal finds, but aside from some cool tools and points recently, you don't identify your personal finds.

I'm always interested in learning, and if my mental paradigm for authentic forms and materials is off, I'd love to broaden my horizons. (I mean that seriously, if I'm avoiding something because it doesn't fit what I know, then I'd like to get better.)

Are any of these actual personal finds of yours:

Monster Clovis
Cumberland cache
Any of the three birdstones
Llano River Clovis
The Hardstone Banner
6.5" Onondaga Dovetail
The 5.5" Carter Cave Clovis
The Kaolin Folsom
The Axe Beauty
Beautiful Bottle Bannerstone
Over 6" Transitional Sloan