What's new

Red/Pink Coral Newnan

antmike915

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 20, 2020
Messages
3,173
Reaction score
7,043
Golden Thread
0
Location
SE Alabama
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been asked by a few to post more pictures of this so I'm finally getting around to do it; plus it's a excuse to hold it again 🙂. I found this many years ago during my digging days in the sugar sand in Hillsborough County Florida. It's 3 3/8 by 1 5/8.

A little of the base appears to be snapped off at a slight angle or it was made this way.
 

Attachments

  • 20240930_152147.webp
    20240930_152147.webp
    248.8 KB · Views: 138
  • 20240930_152217.webp
    20240930_152217.webp
    286.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 20240930_152223.webp
    20240930_152223.webp
    209.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 20240930_152237.webp
    20240930_152237.webp
    240.8 KB · Views: 111
  • 20240930_152251.webp
    20240930_152251.webp
    178.4 KB · Views: 105
  • 20240930_152258.webp
    20240930_152258.webp
    201 KB · Views: 118
  • 20240930_152308.webp
    20240930_152308.webp
    239.6 KB · Views: 101
  • 20240930_152314.webp
    20240930_152314.webp
    241.2 KB · Views: 112
  • 20240930_152319.webp
    20240930_152319.webp
    305.6 KB · Views: 99
  • 20240930_152354.webp
    20240930_152354.webp
    75.9 KB · Views: 119
Upvote 20
Beautiful and big. Really a special find for sure. I bet you were all smiles when that one rolled out?
I found one literally 3 shovels in starting a hole; about a hour and 1/2 later I found this. I dug for many hours in the same spot afterwards and didn't find anything else; I didn't care 🙂
 
Last edited:
I found one literally 3 shovels in starting a hole; about a hour and 1/2 later I found this. I dug for many hours in the same spot afterwards and didn't find anything else; I didn't care 🙂
I know that feeling, had plenty of times I was about to call it a wrap when I found something, next thing I know it’s 3 hours later.
 
I know that feeling, had plenty of times I was about to call it a wrap when I found something, next thing I know it’s 3 hours later.
Been there and done that. Everytimr I am finding nothing and say. I'm done. Let's go. I find one. Now I say that just to see if it works.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom