What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Red Quartz?

NorCalGal

Greenie
Joined
Apr 25, 2025
Messages
11
Reaction score
27
Golden Thread
0
I live in N. Cali. Bought a house a few yrs ago and the property was not maintained. As i have been cleaning up it has become clear a quartz vein running through it but I also keep finding a lot of other interesting things. Hoping I can find out what some of them are. Thought I would start with these. Are these just red quartz or something else? Thanks in advance ☺️
20250426_155837.webp
 

Attachments

  • 20250426_160039.webp
    20250426_160039.webp
    437.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 20250426_160001.webp
    20250426_160001.webp
    485.9 KB · Views: 55
  • 20250426_155953.webp
    20250426_155953.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 55
  • 20250426_134810.webp
    20250426_134810.webp
    396.1 KB · Views: 63
  • 20250426_134745.webp
    20250426_134745.webp
    854.3 KB · Views: 62
  • 20250426_155932.webp
    20250426_155932.webp
    613.3 KB · Views: 69
I live in N. Cali. Bought a house a few yrs ago and the property was not maintained. As i have been cleaning up it has become clear a quartz vein running through it but I also keep finding a lot of other interesting things. Hoping I can find out what some of them are. Thought I would start with these. Are these just red quartz or something else? Thanks in advance ☺️ View attachment 2204684
Years back I remember a father & son were going by Norcalgold and socalgold (?) on this site if I remember correctly are you related to these two men ? or just a coincidence ?
 
Upvote 1
Years back I remember a father & son were going by Norcalgold and socalgold (?) on this site if I remember correctly are you related to these two men ? or just a coincidence ?
I don't have a brother so it's just a coincidence. I'm about 10mins from Coloma CA and gold panning is HUGE up here so I wouldn't be surprised to find quite a few folks close to me on here.
 
Upvote 0
It look like ferruginous quartzite. Quartzite stained with iron oxide. In the Midwest, Indians used it to make bannerstones.View attachment 2204738View attachment 2204739
I need to figure out the best lighting to take pics because even with all the pics I provided I don't feel like any of them show the pieces well. They are all very crystallized. They are just like raw crystal pieces but a deep red. They don't have layers like the photos you posted. But thanks so much for the input and I will definitely look into ferruginous quartzite more. 😊
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom