Red Stoneware & Blue and White China

Oct 15, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMG_5282.JPG IMG_5280.JPG IMG_5283.JPG

Hello, I found these in Western New York. I am most interested in the thin red stoneware piece. Anyone know that it could be from?

And if anyone knows the pattern to any of the other blue and white china pieces it is appreciated.

Thank you for your time, T

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patterns I don't know? Seems too little to determine I'm thinking? Age I'm guessing typically something you would find from the mid-nineteenth century up into the first quarter of the twentieth century dumpsites. I just took this picture of the things I find in a dumpsite out in the field where the Victorian inhabitants of my once little town which is now quite large tossed all their old stuff at. I go out there to clear my mind, think and imagine.

Attachments

• IMG_20171015_074845.jpg
    IMG_20171015_074845.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 60
Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool stuff there. Is that a motor hand crank?
Pretty sure it is and it does compared to a Model T, but could be an old Fordson tractor also? Found it at an old Coal mine site, where people also used as a refuge dump after they closed down mine I'm thinking?

Upvote 0

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tamrock is dead on with the dating of the pieces. Redware like you have has been used for thousands of years. Could be a jar or something.

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it had a short pin through the hole in the end it was most likely a crank handle.
There's a small hole on the end opposite the handle. I found a listing for a Mod.T crank on eBay that was in good usable condition and it was pretty much identical to this one I found.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread