gbpackrfan1990

Feb 2, 2012
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejan; Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am originally from just outside of Richmond Virginia, so I am no stranger to metal detecting with the enormous potential of finding Civil War artifacts where I live. I just moved to Jacksonville FL for an engineering intern position, and I will be here for the next 5 months, then I will be headed back to Virginia Tech to finish my degree! I would love to go metal detecting and add something to my collection from FL, but I hardly even know where to start... Anyone on here from the Jax area and looking for a hunting buddy to accompany you on a few trips? or at least give me some pointers on hunting in Florida? Thanks guys!

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bout the only advice I can give is read the rules of the state. Their rules in Fl are very strict on the recovery of artifacts of all types. Have fun but be safe, rock

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Bout the only advice I can give is read the rules of the state. Their rules in Fl are very strict on the recovery of artifacts of all types. Have fun but be safe, rock

I've read, and re-read the OP's question, and don't see where he said he ever said he was going/planning on state land. Whatever state park's rules you might have read about FL, would only pertain to state parks. Not other forms of land: city, county, fed, private, etc... Also: keep in mind that not all state land is state "park" land either. There's other forms of state land.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read, and re-read the OP's question, and don't see where he said he ever said he was going/planning on state land. Whatever state park's rules you might have read about FL, would only pertain to state parks. Not other forms of land: city, county, fed, private, etc... Also: keep in mind that not all state land is state "park" land either. There's other forms of state land.

Every state is different on their rules. Thats why I said read them before doing a hunt. I never said state land either. Florida considers any land not owned by a person as being theirs. I know this cause I lived in Fl for 35 yrs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread