cambria09

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Mine Lab Sovereign Elite, Mine Lab Etrac, Garrett ATMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All. Four hunts at four different sites, an old store and three vintage homes, yielded these finds.

Found mostly common items except for a brass ornate ball thing and a personalized dog tag.

I have many dog tags and a few with the owner's names but never found one with the dog's name on it. I Googled the owner, W. Ross Walton, and see he was a citrus shipper back in the 1940's. "Lucky Luke" is long gone for sure but he lives on at T-Net.

Thanks for the view and Good Luck. C9

Attachments

• 1 FP OK1CL13 TV17 Nov 6 thru 12 2016 Finds.JPG
    1 FP OK1CL13 TV17 Nov 6 thru 12 2016 Finds.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 64
  • 2 FP OK1 TV17 Nov 2016 Misc Hrdwr.JPG
    2 FP OK1 TV17 Nov 2016 Misc Hrdwr.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 62
  • 3 TV17 111216 3MW Tin.JPG
    3 TV17 111216 3MW Tin.JPG
    748 KB · Views: 57
  • 4 OK1 CL13 Nov 2016 Lck Tp Msr.JPG
    4 OK1 CL13 Nov 2016 Lck Tp Msr.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
  • 5 TV17 111216 Whtzit.JPG
    5 TV17 111216 Whtzit.JPG
    667.3 KB · Views: 61
  • 6 OK1 TV17 Nov 2016 Wcs.JPG
    6 OK1 TV17 Nov 2016 Wcs.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 56
  • 7 CL13 111116 Dog Tag.JPG
    7 CL13 111116 Dog Tag.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 78
Upvote 13
tn_outstanding.gif
Wow - nice finds. Wouldn't it be neat if you could find the owner or family and return the ID tag - neat!

Nice finds, especially the dog tag. Must be very old if it has a 4 digit phone number! :icon_thumright:

Nice finds, especially the dog tag. Must be very old if it has a 4 digit phone number! :icon_thumright:

Hello Wildcat1750. Thanks for the reply. I agree that a 4 digit number is likely an old one but I cannot figure out when 4 digit numbers were in play. Good Luck out there. C9

Nice digs. :icon_thumright: I like the dog tag too! Cool lock as well.

HH

Nice pile of finds!

Cool digs C9, I am intrigued by the ornate ball thingy. :icon_thumright: You know the dog tag had some age just by seeing the 4 digit phone number.

I brought the Merry Widow container I dug to work. I walked into the VPs office (he lives the MD life through my digs) and handed him the tin container. Like clock work, the 1st thing he asks is "what's it worth". I said nothing, just a great find and is on many a digger's bucket list. He began to look at it in more detail and I asked "You know what that is don't you?" He had no idea. He dropped it like the plague once I told him it was a condom container.

GL & HH

Nice finds! I have also found a "Merry Widow" lid...and cracked up when I Googled it! Found it at our local fairgrounds at that! Oh those ornery Carnies. .lol. Congrats on a fine hunt..ddf

That's a good hunt.......nice array of keepers!! The ornamental globe is intriguing........does it appear to have attached to something?
I remember in the 50's, we had 5 digit phone numbers...........

I like that dog tag, and you might want to have a glove on your hand the next time you pick up a Merry Widows container !

That's a good hunt.......nice array of keepers!! The ornamental globe is intriguing........does it appear to have attached to something?
I remember in the 50's, we had 5 digit phone numbers...........

Hello Chizzy. Thanks for the reply. I am thinking the 4-digit number was probably 1940's.

Re the globe it doesn't seem to be broken off of anything. Both ends are identically smooth and rounded. I posted it on the "What is it" Forum and Huntidog says it's an earring: http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/what/521388-ornate-brass-ball.html

Dunno could be an earring I guess. Good Luck out there. C9

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back