Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relics

I have been hunting new spots around the battle field when I can scrape up some time. I have a couple of people that have started hunting from work. I had been doing pretty good this morning with some cannonball pieces ,two knifes ,musket balls a thimble and some other odds and ends and my friend called over and said I have found my first coin!! Then he said shoot it is a button, I was hoping for a musket ball. I looked at the button he had and it was a French uniform cuff button from the battle. Man you talk about luck. It was a good hunt but the area had been hunted before. One piece of cannonball was setting on top of a rock .Thats ok, I will take leftovers. :) I found some of the stuff in the pics over the last week. The watch is pretty modern and is not gold. :-\ Still the first watch that I have found in a really long time. I just started using my cibola in the woods and so far it is doing real well. The pinpoint is kinda hard to get used to but its lite and has good depth. Only having one tone is no big deal when you are digging every thing but nails or small iron.I'm gonna hit the woods in the morning and try to get one of those buttons. :) Hope all is well and happy hunting.

Attachments

• May27$01cnballpeices.jpg
    May27$01cnballpeices.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 302
  • may27knifes.jpg
    may27knifes.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 292
  • May27$03watch.jpg
    May27$03watch.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 306
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: relics

Hey! That tag i think is a miner's helmet tag or something... Nana just posted two of them just like yours...Nice finds!

-GC

OP
OP
birdman

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldencoin,good info on the tag thanks. :) It has writing on the other side but it is to worn down to read. :-\

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds Bman! Has been raining like crazy over here. That tag might be from an animal. HH, Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread