REMEMBER!!!! Snow banks are a gold mine...

slykatt13

May 16, 2009
ny
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 50/minelab safari
Montana Jim said:
plehbah said:
Do you think that a wrapped candy bar from a snow bank would be ok to eat?

If so, then the snow banks around here are goldmines of nutrition.

You can bring an ice cream scoop with you... instant snow-cones!
dont eat the lemon ones i think there bad

Skifisher

Apr 17, 2007
Anaheim, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX
Snowbank? I guess the closest thing we have is one time a local school was being re-modeled and they scraped the grass into large rolls at one end of the field. I found clad at a rate of about $20 an hour. Amazing.

THingfool

Feb 7, 2009
NE Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark,1280-x,Cortes, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
You don't have to wait until spring to hunt snow banks. If the snow occurred at night when businesses are closed, the plows have normally cleared the lots BEFORE the customers show up to lose items to end up in piles. Daytime snowfall is what you want when people are in those lots. The plows come out after they leave. I try to hit the piles the next morning. You can see a lot of coins and jewelry laying on top of the snow, along with the trash. HH.

Ed

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Interesting, never tried it before.

EagleDown

Bronze Member
May 13, 2010
California
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 1960s, I met a man early one morning walking in an empty Macy's parking lot. I was a cop back then, and since he seemed to be wandering aimlessly back and forth, after watching for a few minutes, I drove over and asked what he was up to. Well, it seems that since he retired a couple of years before, he drives around from state to state. In each large town he ends up in, he goes (went) to the large parking lots early in the morning, before the stores open. Then he would start at the west end of the lot and start walking back and forth watching for any bright flashes of light. Then, keeping his eyes on the spot, he would walk up to it and generally find a nice diamond. (As he said, "a lot of glass too", but you soon learn to tell the difference".) I guess he was telling the truth as he took a round plastic container out of his pocket and showed me a couple of beautiful large diamonds.
I've kept my eyes open anytime I'm walking through a parking lot. Though I haven't found any diamonds, I did find a large CZ in the Sears parking lot. Still worth looking. I told a jeweler friend of mine about this, and he says it's probably true as diamonds are clamped in under slight pressure, and sometimes, all it would take is for a woman (or man) to bump the ring on a door handle, and the diamond could pop out and might land several feet away. So, if they even noticed it pop out, the chances of them finding it among a lot of cars would be very slim.

Eagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread