Remember that "Tic-Tac" UFO video released by the USNavy a couple months ago ?

ZXCVBNM

Mar 1, 2021
No, it wouldn't. Gravity has nothing to do with inertia or momentum.

Even in zero gravity - space - if you are thrown into a solid object it will hurt when you hit it.

The way I remember it being explained is that they are able to produce what could be called a different gravitational dimension within the craft. So that basically, everything happening outside the craft has no affect on the inside. The interior is maintaining its own gravitational dimension. So within the craft, you are not "falling" and are therefore not subject to the physical laws effecting the exterior of the craft. You could almost call it teleporting to each position through the complete and complex manipulation of a self-containing gravitational field system.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don,t know if any of this is true or even doable,but it sure is cool!!!Thanks for all the theorys,I loved reading them.

Apr 17, 2014
Tartarus Dorsa mountains
Primary Interest:
Other
No, it wouldn't. Gravity has nothing to do with inertia or momentum.

Even in zero gravity - space - if you are thrown into a solid object it will hurt when you hit it.

That's why a Star Trek transporter will likely never work. If you're in geo-synchronous orbit around a planet and "beam down" to the surface you'd be moving sideways at 30,000 mph when you hit the ground. So the writers/producers made up "inertia dampers" to solve inconvenient Law of Thermodynamics and appease the geeks who questioned it.

According to general relativity, gravity causes space to become curved and time to undergo changes. Big gravity is a force to be reckoned with :)

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a relic hunter, i would try to learn from history. Sputnik was nothing but a beeping ball flying around the globe with the sole purpose to tease the US government. And it was rather sucessfoul too. That should teach us it is not necessary for one to have advanced technology, but rather the knowledge of how to use the existing tecnology to create wired illusions. Onec you know how it is done, the thrill goes away, ofcourse.
On the other hand, it comes really handy for presuading the parlliment for some extra money, don't you think?

Phil

Dec 4, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most intriguing thing to me is the weapons system locked on to the target.

Whatever it is, it is not an illusion.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sometimes it's hard to admit were not the smartest, most advanced species in the universe. Good money is on the fact we really don't have a clue.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We mighht not even be the smartest on the planet. We just build and misuse more crap and make our lives more and more stressful while destroying natural resources.

That might not be a sign of an intelligent species.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you CharlieP.,but short of returning to a complete agrarian type society and mandatory birth control with strictly controlled child allotments what,s the answer?Not making fun of you,serious question.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree with you CharlieP.,but short of returning to a complete agrarian type society and mandatory birth control with strictly controlled child allotments what,s the answer?Not making fun of you,serious question.

Watch and see. If we can't control ourselves the finite resources and environment will take care of it. We have a very tenuous hold in regions on the edges of too hot, too clod, too dry. If the infrastructure of supply or power and groceries fail then the cold, heat, thirst, and those who want whet you have enough to kill for it will do the population control for us. We've just had a revisit from Pestilance. War has been busy right along for centuries. Next up is Famine. The worst. And then, on the white horse, Death.

But Death is not the murderor of people. He comes along after violence or system failure and the body gives up, and Death guides the soul to the next phase. Heaven? Hell? Valhalla? Hades? The same oblivion we were at before birth? We'll see.

If you look at earth's history most species have a definate span (those who were around long enough to leave a fossil record we can examine). A beginning and an end. I don't think we're "special" and exempt from that process.

As far as society I have a pessimistic outlook of humanity's future because history has not shown us to be kind to or cooperative with strangers. We compete mostly with each other. And, for the most part, humans are selfish and greedy. Not everyone. But it seems the majority.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No argument Charlie,no argument.Just wondering if anyone had an idea if or how we might reverse that.I don,t see it happening and I don,t have any ideas myself that might work.it would take a complete reordering of society.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I had an answer I'd also have a Nobel Peace Prize.

I think we have passed the tipping point. We're boned. We're moving too fast and there's not enough time to stop the train before the end of the tracks. Imagine if there was a COVID-19 type virus that whiped out corn or wheat? Or one that killed the bees/pollinators. We are that close to catastrophe.

Maybe the next Ice Age will get here in time to decide for humanity. Those who can live with what they can carry will keep the line going . . . or not.

KANACKI

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hola amigos

I try to enjoy everyday like its the last. I make sure my grand kids enjoy themselves delightfully. I have no power to change what will befall us in the future amigo. But I know we are not the high and mighty masters of our destiny amigo.

I could comment about many things that may or may not happen amigo? But alas it would be deemed political and therefore not in keeping to rules of this forum. So I say to others enjoy every day living every breathing moment while you still can.

Kanacki

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread