What's new

Remembering favorite old sayings

blaylock

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 12, 2013
Messages
74
Reaction score
23
Golden Thread
0
Location
northeast ms
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The older I get the more I see my grandad in myself. I will never forget the first time I heard this saying and its now one of my favorite. It was when a 25 year old man was trying to tell my grandad that he was wrong on about 2/3 of his arrowhead collections, he had 9 storage sheds full from all over and 50+ years of digging and trading. He told the young man (" I've met alot of people who knew alot of stuff. But have never and don't think your the first , that knows every dam thing"). :notworthy:
 
My favorite----Between you and I, we know everything in the world there is to know. You know everything except that you are a dumb SOB and I know that.

2nd favorite---- I wouldn't take a million dollars for you and I wouldn't give ten cents for another one just like you...
 
here a few from high school
get the bag
it's not my old man
put tip put tip put tip
 
If you can't stand the heat , get out of the kitcen
 
all punch you so hard
you'll have to retie your shoes
 
"I forgot more than you'll ever know!"
 
First you decide what you want, then you have to decide what you are willing to give up for it.
 
Here's a few I remember

Mirror Mirror on the wall you are your Mother(Father) after all (The older you get the more this makes sense)

Busier than a fox in a hen house

It is better to remain silent and appear stupid than to open your mouth and remove all doubt

keep your friends close but keep your enemy's closer

If it ain't broke don't fix it
 
How about...

You can put lipstick on a pig and it will look better than Roseanne Barr...:yes:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom