What's new

REMINDER - Mining Claim Paperwork

Tesorodeoro

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2018
Messages
2,958
Reaction score
5,155
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a reminder, annual maintenance fees or small miner’s waiver is due before September 1

Affidavit of annual assessment work to be recorded at the county and a copy forwarded to BLM.
 
Upvote 0
Got mine done one day earlier than I normally do. Interesting bit of info that was told to me by the Sacramento BLM officer regarding the September 1st deadline. They treat it a bit like the 2020 presidential election. They don’t start going through the annual paperwork for several weeks. They pay no attention to the post mark as long as it’s there when they finish processing the pile of annual paperwork.

Don’t take that as a reason to file late, but If I missed the deadline by a couple days, I’d send my paperwork and fees in anyway.
Least that is what they suggested.

Not sure how that would affect the validity of my claim if someone was looking to claim jump. I’d think you would have to record your affidavit of assessment work with the Recorder timely.
 
Don't trust what they say about being late for your filing ! If your late and someone contests or files for your claim , you'll lose it in court ! FILE NOW OR POSSIBLY PAY THE CONSEQUENCES ! Your choice !
 
Don't trust what they say about being late for your filing ! If your late and someone contests or files for your claim , you'll lose it in court ! FILE NOW OR POSSIBLY PAY THE CONSEQUENCES ! Your choice !
The rules for evidence will determine the date for a given "Court".
Back before the 1900's most miners used the mail as it often was more than a day's ride to both the County records and the Lands Office.
The postmaster can play a role factor for "Mail matter" and the "Post mark".
 
Don't trust what they say about being late for your filing ! If your late and someone contests or files for your claim , you'll lose it in court ! FILE NOW OR POSSIBLY PAY THE CONSEQUENCES ! Your choice !
Oh I’m on time. I just thought it was interesting they would say that. I also take a photo of each piece of paper including the envelope, receipt, check, ect so if it gets lost in the mail.,
 
Oh I’m on time. I just thought it was interesting they would say that. I also take a photo of each piece of paper including the envelope, receipt, check, ect so if it gets lost in the mail.,
Good idea of the photos. 8-)
You will find that no one can substitute for the testimony of the Postmaster for "Court" matters.
 
Oh I’m on time. I just thought it was interesting they would say that. I also take a photo of each piece of paper including the envelope, receipt, check, ect so if it gets lost in the mail.,
Interesting you got me to think why not with today's GPS units take the same type of pictures with time and location stamped for not only mail matter but all paperwork such as notices of claim and amendments etc.
The "Court" will recognize the Post office / Postmaster for "Court" matters. With that being said any amendments and affidavits could have a photo location / time stamped image to also record if you like, hopefully at a five dollar a legal page not including the title/entry page?
 
Interesting you got me to think why not with today's GPS units take the same type of pictures with time and location stamped for not only mail matter but all paperwork such as notices of claim and amendments etc.
The "Court" will recognize the Post office / Postmaster for "Court" matters. With that being said any amendments and affidavits could have a photo location / time stamped image to also record if you like, hopefully at a five dollar a legal page not including the title/entry page?
GPS coordinates and time stamps in the header file of images is easily manipulated. But then again mining claim disputes don’t normally end up in forensic audits.
 
GPS coordinates and time stamps in the header file of images is easily manipulated. But then again mining claim disputes don’t normally end up in forensic audits.
Well, the idea is to have the coordinates and time / date stamped photo recorded (date of recording) with say an affidavit / amendment for any agency to check up on for the life of the record.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom