GTzer
Sr. Member
Had a day off so I went to OC, NJ. Raining hard -big wind & surf. Enjoyed the adventure but I didn't find much. A few others out between rain storms.CZ20 worked well-found a few modern coins on the way in-quarter was down 2.5 scoops with the T rex. BUT almost everything else I found was on the surface (to maybe 4")? With all of the shell/gravel-a pointed scoop would work better.
All soft sand is gone- its all shells & gravel. Giant cut running almost the entire length. I was working the cut-but even with the dropping tide the surf made that a dangerous place.
But it's there for when the wind & surf calm down. If I didn't have to work the next 7 days i'd be somewhere in that area.
QUESTION- the beach looked twice the size I remembered from September- is that from the storm or beach replenishment?
So was I just working screened replenishment sand? South across the inlet the beach was severly depleted w smaller cuts- sort of what I had expected in OC.
All soft sand is gone- its all shells & gravel. Giant cut running almost the entire length. I was working the cut-but even with the dropping tide the surf made that a dangerous place.
But it's there for when the wind & surf calm down. If I didn't have to work the next 7 days i'd be somewhere in that area.
QUESTION- the beach looked twice the size I remembered from September- is that from the storm or beach replenishment?
So was I just working screened replenishment sand? South across the inlet the beach was severly depleted w smaller cuts- sort of what I had expected in OC.
Last edited:
Upvote
0







