Report & Questions Ocean City NJ Beach

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a day off so I went to OC, NJ. Raining hard -big wind & surf. Enjoyed the adventure but I didn't find much. A few others out between rain storms.CZ20 worked well-found a few modern coins on the way in-quarter was down 2.5 scoops with the T rex. BUT almost everything else I found was on the surface (to maybe 4")? With all of the shell/gravel-a pointed scoop would work better.
All soft sand is gone- its all shells & gravel. Giant cut running almost the entire length. I was working the cut-but even with the dropping tide the surf made that a dangerous place.
But it's there for when the wind & surf calm down. If I didn't have to work the next 7 days i'd be somewhere in that area.

QUESTION- the beach looked twice the size I remembered from September- is that from the storm or beach replenishment?

So was I just working screened replenishment sand? South across the inlet the beach was severly depleted w smaller cuts- sort of what I had expected in OC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
I was there hunting Thursday and Friday. Yes it was replenished and there were some finds but not like you would expect after a noreaster. I'm originally from Delco!

OP
OP
G

GTzer

Jan 24, 2013
DELCO, Pa
Detector(s) used
xTerra 705 & 6000 xl Pro,CZ 20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Debby
Odd to me- 1st 2 targets-10" + hours later not one target deeper that 4". (except iron) Had new batteries. 2nd location before dark-few targets but all 6-10".

For OC
So if that is replenishment sand- how do they use a screen but still allow all of those giant clams shell through? Also quite a few large pieces of iron plate.

There will have to be plenty of re shuffling before anyone can walk barefoot on that beach.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread