Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I researched an old mill today that was built in 1346. Looking through a history book, it shows a sketching of it in 1704 and is referred to as the burned down mill. It has had quit a history since 1346 and a few battles were fought here. I arrived at the mill, knocked on the door and asked if the owner would mind answering a few questions about the history of his house/mill. He gave me a warm welcome and the grand tour. This is the mill today.
normal_Lm%C3%BChlehouse.jpg

The water wheel is a new wheel made from an Oak tree that had grown about 20? from the wheel. The mill operates on water or electric motor.
normal_Lm%C3%BChlewheel.jpg

Grain is blown to the top of the mill and sent down through this cleaning machine if necessary where the grain husks are removed then sent back to the top into a bin.
normal_Lm%C3%BChlecleaner.jpg

This is an agitator that keeps the grain feeding into the mill. It rocks back and fourth and the grain is passed down into the grinding mill.
normal_Lm%C3%BChleagit.jpg

The grinding mill. It was built in 1950 and there are two mills.
normal_Lm%C3%BChlemill.jpg

The transmission room in the cellar that attaches the water wheel to the mill.
normal_Lm%C3%BChletrans.jpg

After the grain is ground into flour, it travels back up and into these storage bins that have a bagger at the bottom.
normal_Lm%C3%BChlbins.jpg

And here is the bagger. I thanked the owner for the tour and good information, also received permission to detect all of his grounds when it thaws. I would have detected today but there was a good 10? of snow cover and not much chance of finding anything. Can?t wait to detect here! HH, Mike
normal_Lm%C3%BChlbagger.jpg

Upvote 0
A

Aerosmithy

ya that thing look old you might have some luck if you were to MD the place

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks, Mike. I've been reading about old mills, because I've located a couple in my area. That was an interesting post. Good luck when the snow melts.

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site and nice Pics .... Let us know what you find and keep us posted.........Seeker

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank's for the tour mike,sound's like you're gonna have your hand's full come spring.Let's hope so.Keep us posted on the find's,I'm sure they'll be there.GOOD LUCK and HH!!...

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike that place should be a gold mine!! ;) I love the way you put the pics together. Great history. Looks like you are having a little more winter then us right now.Been around 40 and rainy for the last week. I am sure it will turn soon.HH

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic post Mike! Love those pictures!

I can't wait to see what you find there!

Good luck!

;)

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mike I enjoyed the story and the pics. Cograts on getting permission to hunt. Hope you find lots of goodies ! Keep us posted.

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread