What's new

RESULTS FROM CENT BOX

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
1,584
Reaction score
66
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Box was a CVI, INC. and wrappers were String. For the 2500
inside tally was 713 x 1981 and earlier coppers plus 18 x
Formative Years Lincoln commemoratives plus 19 x Canada
plus 32 x wheats - oldest 1911 and 2 x 1943 steel cents. Total
of 784 known keepers. The zincs will be checked for errors and
varieties before the rejects are cashed in. siegfried schlagrule
 
Upvote 0
Good box SS, and glad to see you are checking for errors as that is where the money is :thumbsup:!! Good luck, Gpurs....
 
Make sure you check for those 1998, 1999, and 2000 Wide AM penny variety!
 
Have a three week seasonal layoff looming and about $500 face in zinc cents to check against the cherrypickers guide and other notes. thanks, siegfried schlagrule
 
I wish I could come across a box like that.
 
I also ask each time for all of the hand-wrapped rolls
and don't ask for boxes if there are very many of them.
I've noticed that they are more willing to release cent
boxes in the early part of the week than on fridays and
saturdays. They want to make sure they have enough
for the merchant accounts and will tell me they can't
spare any late in the week. siegfried schlagrule
 
Nice amounmt of wheats.

as I try to reach my goal of 2,000 for the year, in the last two weeks that are left (I'm close!) I'm finding about 5 wheats per box right now.

And about 400 - 500 coppers.

So you did real well. :-)

Are you still keeping the 2009 lincolns? I"m finding about 100 per box right now, and have stopped keeping them. Mostly formative and Illinois years right now, but a decent amount of log cabins too.
 
The box I tallied above is the only one I bought since
the new cents came out. I had a major coin show coming
and bought it hoping to get all new cents and turn them over.
I've found two rolls of 2009 but they were bought at the bank
in august and both ends show 2009 so not sure which version
they are. They will bring more as a pig in a poke than identified
so i'll sell them the way I got them only not for face value.
siegfried schlagrule
 
Did a box of pennies few nights back and found 27% copper. Also found 2 Wide AM's (2000, 1998) and only two wheats....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom