🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Modified GI Mine Detector (In the 60s)
Metrotech (In the 70s)
Tesoro Tejon (Now!)
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little variety in the lead found along a retreat route. Mudduck left early so I didn't get pics, but he found 4 or 5 bullets and a nice frag from a 12 pound cannonball. I managed 17 bullets, four bucks and a whatzit.

DSCN2177.JPG

Any ideas about this? Either zinc or pewter.

DSCN2178.JPG

My variety included 3 ringers (dropped and fired), three .69s, some roundballs, a couple of carbines, and a Washington Arsenal.

DSCN2179.JPG

As usual, digging buddy showed us up with 23 bullets and a bullet hammered into a poker chip.

DSCN2173.JPGDSCN2174.JPG

Upvote 10
Were most of the others' lead dropped also? Great amount PW!

Some cool historic finds there :icon_thumleft:

Nice bunch of lead PW! I found a lead disk like that once, never thought of it being a poker chip, that's cool. Haven't found a Arsenal bullet yet but I have my fingers crossed. Great dig, thanks for sharing.

HH, Relic Nut

It's always fun to see those 69s pop out of the hole, isn't it? Looks like a fine day for you.

You guys had a great hunt PW. I bet you have thousands of dropped bullets in your collection. MC, WTG, & HH, Q.

Heck yea , nice finds PW love the Washington Arsenal [emoji106]

NICE LEAD ITEMS PARSON ...

Were most of the others' lead dropped also? Great amount PW!

Old Dude - It was a mix for all of us. A little fighting at this spot before the retreat of the Union forces. So some dropped, some fired.

RELIC NUT - I'll trade you a fist full of Arsenal bullets for that Tongue & Wreath!

FORT BEDFORD - Yep, the big boys always get the heart pumping. I found those three (only .69s for any of us all day) in a spot you could have covered with a washtub. 3 feet away, I found a bunch of tin in a spot where no trash is found. Really wondering if it was his cartridge box. Alas, no plate, finial or strap buckles . . .

QUINDY - You make me laugh. Digging buddy has thousands. (And has sold thousands more) Mine can be numbered in the hundreds, and only a very few hundred, I might add. But thanks for the high expectation!!

Parsonwalker

You & you buddy had a great day IMO, as it has been stated I love those 69's & the Gardner as well.
As for your Mystery Piece I would think it was a Small Grommet ??? but made of Zinc Hmmmm IDK.
Great Post.
Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back