Return and Feedback Question

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got a return requested for an item bought on April 11. I do not allow returns of course, and the buyer put in for their reason that they just didn't like the item and that they wanted to return it because it didn't work for their setup blah blah blah. So I can decline the return and that shouldn't be a problem, but, if I wait until Friday the 11th to decline the return, that will be the 61st day since the purchase and the buyer won't be able to leave feedback right? Based on their history, it looks like they like to flame in the feedback section, and honestly I don't really care too much, but if I can avoid a negative by doing something as simple as waiting a few days, I will. Thoughts?

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I see nothing wrong with that. I have personally started blocking people who ask suspect questions, or play 20 questions, or haggle over price excessively. Like that extra .50 cents they want off will stave off economic ruin. I have found people who haggle the most in the end will get their price no matter what. IE oh i just got the item and something is broken I want $10 off, or what I exactly offered for the item the first time.... Sorry, dealing with people on ebay has made me cynical. :tongue3:

xr7ator

Gold Member
Sep 2, 2011
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
As a buyer, I am fully aware that there is no such thing as no returns. If one has "no returns" listed in the ad it makes me think twice about doing business with that seller. I've bought items not as advertised and had to return. Interesting that 95+% of my returns are on ads stating no returns..
That means if the seller has listed in the ad "accepts returns", he/she is much less likely to be hiding something or trying to sell a substandard item without full disclosure.
I've bought everything from brush's to motor vehicle's on Ebay. If I must return an item, it gets done within 20 days of purchase.

Way better than dealing with people on craig's list.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a buyer, I am fully aware that there is no such thing as no returns. If one has "no returns" listed in the ad it makes me think twice about doing business with that seller. I've bought items not as advertised and had to return. Interesting that 95+% of my returns are on ads stating no returns..
That means if the seller has listed in the ad "accepts returns", he/she is much less likely to be hiding something or trying to sell a substandard item without full disclosure.
I've bought everything from brush's to motor vehicle's on Ebay. If I must return an item, it gets done within 20 days of purchase.

Way better than dealing with people on craig's list.

You realize during a return the seller gets screwed over by losing the shipping cost. When I buy something it is final, and that's the way it should be. Now I get the item not as described, and that comes up sometimes, but not a lot. If I let everyone return just for the heck of it, I would go in the hole. Buyers need to be held accountable for purchases in some way and take responsibility for their purchases. It seems like no one wants to take responsibility for what they do anymore and it's about on my last nerve. If a buyer wants to get something, look at it and then decide if they want it and all of that, then I don't want their business anyway.

Now, there have been instances where I completely missed something when I listed the item, or I screwed up and put something wrong in the listing that wasn't true as far as fitment or something, and in those instances, true SNAD scenarios, I am fine with a return. But the buyers that "change their mind" or want to return for something that was clearly described in the listing, nope....

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ebay sure isn't the way it used to be. I have returned a few things in the past year - mainly because they were out and out fakes! Sometimes you can't tell by the photos, description or whatever. As a seller I just let them return whatever, but that has only happened twice in 22 years now. The first time I don't remember anymore and the second, the item was broken.

Due to the new rules I don't sell anymore.

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
I received this message last week, I mean the guy made a reasonable request I guess.

[h=3]I only need to play one or two discs to put a movie on my YouTube channel I would have to buy final approach for $10 I don’t know where my player is
Lost in a move I guess
Hey can you import a movie for me?
Got a computer?

Jason

On YouTube
info Peace
Subscribe?[/h]

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received this message last week, I mean the guy made a reasonable request I guess.

[h=3]I only need to play one or two discs to put a movie on my YouTube channel I would have to buy final approach for $10 I don’t know where my player is
Lost in a move I guess
Hey can you import a movie for me?
Got a computer?

Jason

On YouTube
info Peace
Subscribe?[/h]

Interesting :laughing7:

2ndisbest

Nov 6, 2009
A guy just sent me a lowball offer in broken english and or possibly failed school very hard. I check his feedback given to others, only negatives.... and blocked. Its almost like there is a code that these people follow. Write message in broken or bad english, lowball offer, and leave lots of negative feedback. :dontknow:

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A guy just sent me a lowball offer in broken english and or possibly failed school very hard. I check his feedback given to others, only negatives.... and blocked. Its almost like there is a code that these people follow. Write message in broken or bad english, lowball offer, and leave lots of negative feedback. :dontknow:

Yeah that sounds very accurate

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see nothing wrong with that. I have personally started blocking people who ask suspect questions, or play 20 questions, or haggle over price excessively. Like that extra .50 cents they want off will stave off economic ruin. I have found people who haggle the most in the end will get their price no matter what. IE oh i just got the item and something is broken I want $10 off, or what I exactly offered for the item the first time.... Sorry, dealing with people on ebay has made me cynical. :tongue3:

I've also found it best to block people like that, saves a lot of frustration in the long run

bc5391

Sep 23, 2016
Southern Arizona
Detector(s) used
Minelab ,XP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You realize during a return the seller gets screwed over by losing the shipping cost. When I buy something it is final, and that's the way it should be. Now I get the item not as described, and that comes up sometimes, but not a lot. If I let everyone return just for the heck of it, I would go in the hole. Buyers need to be held accountable for purchases in some way and take responsibility for their purchases. It seems like no one wants to take responsibility for what they do anymore and it's about on my last nerve. If a buyer wants to get something, look at it and then decide if they want it and all of that, then I don't want their business anyway.

Now, there have been instances where I completely missed something when I listed the item, or I screwed up and put something wrong in the listing that wasn't true as far as fitment or something, and in those instances, true SNAD scenarios, I am fine with a return. But the buyers that "change their mind" or want to return for something that was clearly described in the listing, nope....

It does not always work that way either, I sell some 3d printed parts on ebay, one buyer bought one for something he just bought elsewhere, then when he returned to other merchandise, he put in a return on my item "not as described" and wanted a refund, most of my items as no returns accepted, but ebay will side with the buyer and the seller looses.

OP
OP
B

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It does not always work that way either, I sell some 3d printed parts on ebay, one buyer bought one for something he just bought elsewhere, then when he returned to other merchandise, he put in a return on my item "not as described" and wanted a refund, most of my items as no returns accepted, but ebay will side with the buyer and the seller looses.

Sadly not, like you say EBay just about always sides with the buyer in a SNAD. I've got one right now that I accidently accepted last night so I'm sure it will be a mess. The buyer put return reason as defective/doesn't work, but then in the description said it was a fitment problem, which is not covered under my return policy. The frustrating thing is that basically the buyer bought a part for a car (which was clearly listed in title and description) and expected it to fit a truck which it will not. :BangHead:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread