Returnable Dog Tag and a Canadian Penny?

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
First hunt of 2007 turns up this dog tag. I actually called the number and spoke with the person who's name appeared on it. I offered to mail it to her and she seemed enthusiastic about receiving it. It must have happened quite a while ago, because she does not seem to remember it very well. She did verify her address over the phone, which of course also appears on the tag, which tells me this was the person who owned the dog/tag. Also found a first for me, an international coin in the form of a canadian penny? It's marked 1965 in the back. Managed not a record count, but a record amount in value of clad......over $4 with 32 coins. This is the same place I had found a merc not too long ago, but the silver was nowhere to be found. I do have that feeling I was close though. The last time I had that feeling in that place, I hit that merc on the 2nd attempt. Terminator lingo......I'll be back.

Attachments

• 2007.jpg
    2007.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 224
Upvote 0

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Cool dog tag. Neat that she was still at the same phone number too! The coin is Canadian.

HH,
Moon

T

TreasureTales

If she couldn't remember losing the dog tag, I wonder if she remembers losing the dog? Nice of you to call her, hope you get an atta boy from her, at least.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread