πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Returned class ring found Tuesday

Johncoho

Silver Member
Feb 14, 2014
Martinsburg, Pa. in the summer and Apache Junction
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Garrett AT Pro, Macro pinpointer, Garrett carrot pinpointer,
Lesch digger, Nel Tornado coil for ATPro, Garret ATMax with Nel Tornado coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just returned from an emotional reunion with the return of a class ring. The ring was for the class of 1970 for Moon High School in Coraopolis, Pa for a young man. I talked to the school and didn't get much help, so I looked up the yearbook online and found one name that matched the initials inside the ring. I still couldn't find out much so I talked to one of the relatives of the property I was detecting and found out it was her cousin. This young man was killed in a power company accident, when he was 22 years old. While setting poles he reached to steady a pole and it contacted the primary and he was instantly electrocuted. I just returned from giving it back to his mother and sister and it was a really special moment for them and me. Here is the ring after finding it and then a picture of the Mom and sister getting it back. IMG_0008.JPGIMG_0003.JPG

Very nice of you. Honorable mention worthy.

That's super. I know it brought back some good memories back as well as sad.

That’s a day that you and them will never forget. Congratulations on all your hard work finding them.

Good show my man.

You are a good man for doing all the work to return it to his family. Such a sad story but I'm sure that was a bright spot knowing there are folks like you out there doing the right thing.

You've got my Honorable Mention Vote!

Kace

Great story and super return. I hope some good mojo comes your way.

Bravo Sir, Bravo!!

Congratualtions! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back