Returned to the the Edward the Confessor Spot...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We spent nearly 3 hours finishing off the spot where the Ed the Confessor came from, specially after the expert who recorded it, stated more of these type turn up in hoards rather than single finds!
I got 1 more hammered & we got 2 more Jettons that we needed, plus a couple of buckles. Then we moved to a nearby hill to explore it, where we got a few more interesting finds, after a total of 5 hours hunting;

1 Scrappy
1729 Halfpenny
My largest tombac with a Rose design
Medieval Leather Mount (Beast head)
14th C Buckle
18th C Shoe Buckle
A Medieval English Jetton with a Cross - thought it was French! (A first)
A French 16th C Jetton of Charles IX; PIETATE ET IVSTITIA, AMANS FAVENSQ (Thought it was German!) (A first)
Solid Silver Button with GR on it - Another first of its type (I have other solid silver buttons)
1936 Sixpence
1893 3pence
Hammered - Henry III

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    255.2 KB · Views: 94
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 88
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    149.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 81
  • 9.JPG
    9.JPG
    235.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 86
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    269.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    208.9 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Upvote 32
I once knew guy named Edward. He never confessed anything to me but I always suspected he was a shady dude. Excellent finds as usual Crusader. That solid silver button is amazing! :occasion14:

Another stellar hunt.
Bravo

Awesome jetton. Looks a lot like the Blanc à la Couronne. Impressive hunt, as usual.

A real silver mine that site, it seems! Congratulations on 2 great hunts.

First ever solid silver flat button? Now I really want one

Well done!! Nice fines, curious is your scrappy the 1936 sixpence?

Congrats and HH

Congrats and HH

I think it's the one above the 1941 Half Penny on the right.

Cru you had a really good hunt. I'm liking the Jetton it's really nice, the dark patina on the buckle is superb. Getting the initialed silver button is a bonus find for sure, congrats.

You find the most AMAZING things! Keep it up. I do enjoy looking at real treasure!

Man , what a site !! I love the 14th C. buckle , Do you think the silver button was a sixpence or some other coin ? Great variety ! and quantity of finds - love the hammered and the Vickie 3 as well.

Way to go man! THAT is some great hunting there!

First ever solid silver flat button? Now I really want one
Nope, I have a few, not many. Its my first of its type, ie engraved with letters instead of a design.

Congrats and HH
Scrappy is a term I give a Roman Bronze Coin that is pretty much toast/shot.

I think it's the one above the 1941 Half Penny on the right.

Cru you had a really good hunt. I'm liking the Jetton it's really nice, the dark patina on the buckle is superb. Getting the initialed silver button is a bonus find for sure, congrats.
The patina on the 14th C buckle is the first thing I noted to Cru'Dad as they rarely come out like that. One of the best. I had already made a theory that this small inlet of the field was once pasture & was a separate field. It would explain why many of the finds in this area held up better than in all the other ploughed fields that have been that way for generations.

Man , what a site !! I love the 14th C. buckle , Do you think the silver button was a sixpence or some other coin ? Great variety ! and quantity of finds - love the hammered and the Vickie 3 as well.
Nope its a silver-smith/button makers piece with the makers mark TM. I can't find any assayer location with a match to this maker. We may never know, but I would date it to somewhere around 1790 give or take.

Beautiful finds!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back