What's new

Rev. Buckle?

Trickli44

Tenderfoot
Joined
Apr 5, 2018
Messages
8
Reaction score
51
Golden Thread
0
Location
new york
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any help with identification
 

Attachments

  • 20180623_104358.webp
    20180623_104358.webp
    592.8 KB · Views: 305
  • 20180623_104350.webp
    20180623_104350.webp
    753.3 KB · Views: 215
This was posted nearly 24 hours ago and has received only 15 replies? ??? I believe this find is off the chart regarding rarity. How often are Rev. War belt plates posted on T-Net? It's clearly banner worthy owing to its rarity and the condition is pretty good as well. You have my banner vote. I would send an e-mail to Troiani for some information, particularly and estimate of value. I believe such a find would be highly prized among collectors. If you do enquire, please consider posting his reply. Thank you and a big congrats! :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
Any further details on the recovery of this find would be of interest. Not interested in further information about your location - just general details. Field recovery or woods? House site or just some random place? Perhaps you have no interest in making banner, but if you are, then details in a post is what members are interested in reading for both enjoyment and to learn. Just a suggestion.
 
Upvote 0
This was posted nearly 24 hours ago and has received only 15 replies? ??? I believe this find is off the chart regarding rarity. How often are Rev. War belt plates posted on T-Net? It's clearly banner worthy owing to its rarity and the condition is pretty good as well. You have my banner vote. I would send an e-mail to Troiani for some information, particularly and estimate of value. I believe such a find would be highly prized among collectors. If you do enquire, please consider posting his reply. Thank you and a big congrats! :icon_thumright:

May be deserving of banner but new member, first post disqualifies it. I save my banner votes most of the time for regular contributors to the site anyway that find items that I would really like to find
 
Upvote 0
I found it in the woods close to an old rock wall.
 
Upvote 0
Nice find! There are at least 2-3 others known for this unit , I have one found at Yorktown which I bought from a relic hunter about 25 years ago. From Don Troiani
 
Upvote 0
Congrats on an awesome recovery! Thanks for sharing. I would hit that area super hard. There should be a bunch of other neat finds. Keep posting and welcome aboard!
 
Upvote 0
New account or not, I'm submitting a banner vote. That plate is an exceptionally rare find, valuable in both a historical and a monetary context. Fantastic piece.
 
Upvote 0
Excellent plate. Sent you a message.
 
Upvote 0
Ridiculous find! Near the top of my relic list! Very near!!!! I don’t care if you’re new or not. I’m going to cast a vote. How often do we see a Rev War plate
 
Upvote 0
Nice find! There are at least 2-3 others known for this unit , I have one found at Yorktown which I bought from a relic hunter about 25 years ago. From Don Troiani

Aren't you the OP? I'm confused.
 
Upvote 0
Yes I am... I emailed Don Troiani about the plate and that was some of his response ..silver tree chaser asked to let him know what he said
 
Upvote 0
That makes sense and if he said it were rare, then you can bet on it. I voted banner regardless:occasion14:
 
Upvote 0
Now we're metal detecting. Congrats :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
May be deserving of banner but new member, first post disqualifies it. I save my banner votes most of the time for regular contributors to the site anyway that find items that I would really like to find

Toasted - I understand your point. It's a good point. I see that the OP has been a member since April, which I thought might qualify for banner votes, but the rules are 90 days. Rules are for reasons - good reasons that will likely prevent exceptions. Regardless of getting on banner, the finder should be over the moon with such an thrilling find.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom