What's new

Rev War finds ...plus Rattlesnake button found by friend

The Patriot

Bronze Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2009
Messages
2,478
Reaction score
1,966
Golden Thread
2
Location
Digging Relics
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox and CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well it's Nov 22nd, still no snow and was very warm considering...We decided to go back to our new site area, as our research pointed out to a prominent Loyalist. I think we found the site with the aid of the land owner. The site was very good to the finds over the years with lack of fertilizer in the ground. The main Colonial site was bulldozed by the landowner many years ago and the other sites much further up on the hill. I managed to get 3 RP buttons from the site with some edge loss and one so worn down I can't see much on it, fantastic shaped Geo II coin dated 1752, 1861 NS large cent, 1843 Vicky, possibly a french coin, neat trunk piece, almost pewter button with pewter shank and normal finds at such a site.
I am also including my detecting buds finds here as he is not a member of the site and he found them right beside me today. I believe they deserve mentioning. He first dug this Rattlesnake button with 13 stars to represent the original 13 states and also this RP button with NO pitting or edge loss, this would be eagle to the USA button in the banner as far as comparison. May not be in order...Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • 2 RP's.webp
    2 RP's.webp
    8 KB · Views: 603
  • Pewter back.webp
    Pewter back.webp
    12.1 KB · Views: 618
  • 1752 back.webp
    1752 back.webp
    24.2 KB · Views: 605
  • Geo II 1752.webp
    Geo II 1752.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 633
  • NS LC.webp
    NS LC.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 531
  • Queen 1843.webp
    Queen 1843.webp
    16.8 KB · Views: 162
  • trunk.webp
    trunk.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 153
  • Group 2.webp
    Group 2.webp
    20.1 KB · Views: 160
  • Marcel RP.webp
    Marcel RP.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 583
  • Rattlesnake1.webp
    Rattlesnake1.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 662
  • Rattlesnake 2.webp
    Rattlesnake 2.webp
    10.6 KB · Views: 495
Last edited:
Upvote 36
That would be a dream hunt for me. The RP buttons are killer but a rattlesnake button is very near the top of my list to dig. That particular one is incredible. That button is perfect and I'm actially shocked at the condition. Tell your buddy a huge congrats from a very jealous fella in Maine. Co fears to you as well as those are some amazing finds. Those are the sites that you just hope will give up those scarce or rare finds as you know the condition could be stellar. Great post bud. I would be there everyday until there wasn't a peep to be heard
 
Way to go Patriot.
How about that. A Patriot finding a Patriot button!!!
Fantastic. And the RP buttons are Awesome. Would love to add both of them to my collection.
 
That 13 Star studded, rattlesnake button is above and beyond any condition
one could possibly hope for being a dug artifact .
Stunning , Dream Find
Congrats to your friend .
Thank you for posting for all to see ,
HH to ya'll , and I
wish I found it . :laughing7:



CMDdawg
 
QUICK SOMEONE GET ME MY DETECTOR I THINK IM GONNA FAINT . DAMN WHAT FINDS.UNREAL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Holy crap that button is in incredible shape!
 
Wow, what an incredible mixture of killer finds there! History, history, history! I love that one-piece button with the Stars. Congrats.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom