What's new

Revolutionary Dandy button/ Tombac button?

Humanbackhoe

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 18, 2018
Messages
45
Reaction score
95
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello

I believe I have found either a Dandy or Tombac button. I believe it’s Brass. It has an intact shank on the back.

If anyone has input on the age , please let me know.

Thank you
 

Attachments

  • E036751A-7BC7-4822-B4F6-89066FF855C9.webp
    E036751A-7BC7-4822-B4F6-89066FF855C9.webp
    119.6 KB · Views: 229
  • 9461760F-16BC-4B48-85BA-7CB83C13A3BE.webp
    9461760F-16BC-4B48-85BA-7CB83C13A3BE.webp
    114.9 KB · Views: 276
  • D0633D4A-372E-41C2-8B74-1441536249EF.webp
    D0633D4A-372E-41C2-8B74-1441536249EF.webp
    124.9 KB · Views: 248
I don't know a lot about buttons, but...
Not a Tombac
I would call it a Dandy

Late 18th c to early 19th c
 
Upvote 0
That’s more what I was thinking too. It fits the criteria for EARLY 19th Century. Like you I’m not up to date on buttons. I’ve only dug 3 significant buttons since starting detecting.

Thank you!
 
Upvote 0
1750-80. Dandy
 
Upvote 0
Nice Dandy button HBH. :thumbsup:
If you've already found three of these since you started detecting, then you're doing well and are onto some old sites.

Dave
 
Upvote 0
Thank you. Very exciting. I appreciate your response
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. This is actually my first Dandy Button. I found a 4 hole button from possibly Civil War and a jacket button from U.K. Dating to early 19th century. Thanks again!
 
Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. This is actually my first Dandy Button. I found a 4 hole button from possibly Civil War and a jacket button from U.K. Dating to early 19th century. Thanks again!
Yeap, your in the right spot.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom