What's new

Revolutionary War 53rd Regiment of foot button - A BEAUTY!

Aureus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 5, 2016
Messages
4,225
Reaction score
8,378
Golden Thread
4
Location
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Got on a little hunt this week end to one of my mid 19th Century spots where I have found some militaria and coins in the past. Have been hitting this spot pretty hard for the last 4 months and with the great results. Lately thou, the targets are getting much rarer, which is normal as I have already harvested a pretty decent amount of relics. The day was starting slow again with only a couple of musketballs and a 1907 silver dime to brag about. Decided to revisit the part of the a site not far from a highway which I was avoiding a bit since it's the only one with a lot of junk and aluminum paper thrown by some ''polite'' Canadian or ''impolite'' American motorists :tongue3: Had to put my Deus remote in the pocket and go by the sound as I'm afraid to loose it again due to the defect the XP has in the attachment to the stem. Well, I'm pretty glad I did! Not sure would have dug this target if I was relying on the numbers. And a very deep target I should say (could easily drop a pinpointer in the hole, glad to have brought my 11'' coil).

My very first:

- Revolutionary War British 53rd Regiment of foot coat size EM button. And what a beauty! Had no idea pewter could survive that well in the ground (no water present what so ever). The numbers are so sharp you can cut you finger on,no ''polishig'' by the time or the ground.

It's my second one of the period for this year and strangely in a comparable great condition as my 29th button dug in October. Found a fair share of 1812 buttons this season but none in as great of a state as those two.

A great little hunt!

Note: I would like to dedicate this post to Ahab8 who gets so excited every time I pull a nice Rev War...lol...thanks bud.
 

Attachments

  • 53rd.webp
    53rd.webp
    428 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC_0337.webp
    DSC_0337.webp
    257.6 KB · Views: 245
Last edited:
Upvote 58
I know how desired those Rev War buttons are, and yours is one of the finest examples I've seen. You got a banner vote from me.

Thank You!
 
I've never seen that kind of stark detail on a 240 year old pewter. Holy Deus.

Hoping our dear admin receive the right combination of votes, bribes, chicken sacrifices, and first born children to put this up top.

And if not, hope you stick with the site and keep at it.
 
I've never seen that kind of stark detail on a 240 year old pewter. Holy Deus.

Hoping our dear admin receive the right combination of votes, bribes, chicken sacrifices, and first born children to put this up top.

And if not, hope you stick with the site and keep at it.

Lol...Thanks man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom