NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks to be a Smith and Wesson, possibly a 2cd model or 3rd model Safety Hammerless, but the grips are not Smith and Wesson, or at least none I can remember seeing....

Upvote 0

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep that appears to be it , grips are not right , but most i think could changed from maker to maker
Looks to be a Smith and Wesson, possibly a 2cd model or 3rd model Safety Hammerless, but the grips are not Smith and Wesson, or at least none I can remember seeing....

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you say "no thread in the barrel" I'm assuming you mean the rifling is gone? Overall looking at the condition and all of the pitting on it I would say it is not safe to fire under any circumstances.....With it being in pretty rough shape it's not going to have much value at all. You can find them in rough shape but functional for around $100 to $150. As to age.... early 1900's, pre 1930 is my thought based on the serial number on the bottom of the grip, but I can't really say for certain

Recently I got a cheap Rossi .357 that was broken and would have cost more to fix than it was worth so I made a lamp out of it.... I'm fairly sure it will sell for more than the gun would have been worth.... Just an idea for you.....

lamp1.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Yukonbies

Yukonbies

Aug 28, 2014
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.
Nothing on barrel.
Offcorse I will not shoot from that pistol,only display,looks like S&W but grips and design on top of grips are different then S&W,more similar to spain company called Orbea Hermanos but its also not same.

Upvote 0

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orbea Hermanos is exactly what it is. I'm not familiar with them so I had to look it up. They did make a hammerless pistol that is pretty much a direct knock off of the S&W, in fact they made copies of a couple different S&W pistols that are deliberate fakes all the way to the similar markings on the frame. I wondered about the lanyard ring on yours since I've never seen an S&W like this with one.

Still I'd say it's from about the same time frame, and from looking around a few forums it seems these were not very high quality guns when they were made and bring much lower prices than other similar guns. I would imagine that you'd be lucky to get $20 for it, and that even at that price it probably would take a long time to sell. If I had it, I'd probably make another lamp out of it, or put it in a shadow box on the wall.
spanish pistol.jpg

Upvote 0

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Orbea Hermanos is exactly what it is. I'm not familiar with them so I had to look it up. They did make a hammerless pistol that is pretty much a direct knock off of the S&W, in fact they made copies of a couple different S&W pistols that are deliberate fakes all the way to the similar markings on the frame. I wondered about the lanyard ring on yours since I've never seen an S&W like this with one.

Still I'd say it's from about the same time frame, and from looking around a few forums it seems these were not very high quality guns when they were made and bring much lower prices than other similar guns. I would imagine that you'd be lucky to get $20 for it, and that even at that price it probably would take a long time to sell. If I had it, I'd probably make another lamp out of it, or put it in a shadow box on the wall.
View attachment 1394180
Sure looks like the same gun to me. I didn't think Colt ever made any swing open barrel like that.

Upvote 0

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$60 if you can get it to "click" at the gun buy-back events some cities have.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Yukonbies

Yukonbies

Aug 28, 2014
Canada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you.
One that I got have short barrel, but maybe Spain was making couple different models.Too bad its not S&W,but lots of fun to find out what it is exactly ;)
Cheers!

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions