Reward for stolen car.

Mkriegs

Sep 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this tag at a house which ranges from the mid 1800's to the 1920's. It states, "$100 dollar reward for the arrest and conviction of anyone stealing this automobile No 4279". Along the rim it says "Universal Association Automobile Service" It is kind of self explanatory but i thought it was pretty neat and would love any extra info anyone has. I did some internet searches and came up blank. I have never heard of a tag like this before. Also, I am not sure why my computer flips photos? Thanks! 20170511_101704.jpg

Upvote 19

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
VERY cool find! $100 was a TON of money back then...im not sure of the exact year, but the 4 digit license plate number/Vin places it pretty early...Great find! Ddf

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
very cool, several years ago I found a key chain with a brass plate that said something about if found to put in the nearest mailbox and it would be shipped back to, seems like Detroit. There was not much of anything else on the address that I can remember. it had a vehicle # of five or six digits. My dad restores A Models from the frame up so I gave it to him, no idea what he did with it.

AlienLifeForm

Bronze Member
Jan 31, 2010
DFW Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-TRAC, Garrett ProPointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is neat, id be very happy with that find.

HenryWaltonJonesJr

Sep 2, 2013
Downtown Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, AT Pro, Compadre, SeaHunter II, AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very interesting! Seems the plate didn't do it's job. Nice example of an early LoJack system!

This looks like something the Guys from American Pickers would love. Maybe they could give you more info?

Stretch Da Truth

Bronze Member
Jan 13, 2017
Detector(s) used
XP Déus & a Carrot!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats! That is a totally Cool and Unique find. A keeper for sure!

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very unique find. Love these history lessons we dig up. I hope you can get some more answers researching this item.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread