Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Having over half a century at this hobby one's mind may begin to wander or at the very least meander off track. At 67 finding this to be a tad on the truthful side. To combat this I often create games while detecting to retain some sort of that sharpness one would associate with a youthful digaholic. "Chase the Seagull", 'Aztec Two step' and the "Drunken Sailor Grid" are just a few to mention that have helped whilst detecting.

Today the opportunity presented itself for yet another in the line of games to play while detecting.... "Blueball Q Cup." This delightful game came to mind when I found a blue ball on a pitch. My mind went into over drive which one could equate to about 6klms over the speed limit not too mention delving into "The Secret World of "Walter Mitty or at the best of time like the series on the tube "Ted Lasso." brilliant! Sometimes the pursuit of quota is just not enough; a competition is required. I could feel the juices turning in my limited grey matter. The rules came to me in a vision....imagine that with no meds or booze.! Here how it goes to determine the winner of the "BLueball Q Cup." 50 coins is the length of the game played on as many pitches as needed. LFFC (Left Footed Football Club) led by the polished Pole Lubeniski while the RFFC (Right Footed Football Club) is captained by the amazing Canuck born Davies who is on loan to the Bundesliga. I kick the blue ball with my left foot and see how many coins I find going to it's location and ergo the the right. Of course no home town field nor fans due to Covid 19.

Pitch One

Lubeniski started the game with a resounding boot that curled to the left.....no joy! Davies responded with a lengthy kick just short of the touch line...no joy. LFFC pulled out all the stops and let it fly. The blue ball fluttered a mire 20 meters. Concentrating on the swing technique they scored 3. The game was a foot...metaphorically speaking. RFFC's next kick was a brilliant strike moving the ball into an unchartered and untested lie just outside of the 16.5 meter box. Tied match! So on and so till the field ran dry. Second pitch left the score in doubt as both teams were getting into their brillant patterns with the blue ball taking the wrath of both teams! Fourth pitch of the Q Cup and LFFC Club had the led by 11. At this point in the match they went a foul of the referee who awarded a free kick to RFFC who took full advantage with a screamer of a kick off the boot of Needa Togomuchfurther on loan from his home club in Togo. Bloody bleeding boot settled in the far corner 30 meters away with resounding results that netted 7 disgruntled coins. Suddenly the momentum of the RFFC was abruptly halted by the official who called a time out. In an unprecedented move the referee held up a yellow card giving it to himself for delay of game as he returned from his 4th pee break of the half.

Pitch 3 proved no advantage to neither team. Pitch 4 and the stage was set for the chance to take one team to the apex of "World Blueball Q Cup." RFFC had the initial kick off which was shanked by the Papua National Eddie Gonetomuch going out of bounds or out of touch depending on which side of the date line you are watching this world televised event. The crowd of 2 went wild!. Lining up the free kick LFFC went for the kill shot which bounced to within of the opponents goal line. Painfully through 6 were scored....victory! Quota was had and the cup was awarded with limited fanfare.

Ladies and gentlemen never before in the history of digging has so much been done with so little! The next exciting "Bluebal Q Cup" will be held when Lord only knows. Proceeds from this even will be donated to the "Send A Canuck back to the UK in August 22 Fund." The teams were pleased to announce that $4.79 was added to the cause!

Attachments

• blue.jpg
    blue.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 39
  • blue2.jpg
    blue2.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 11

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Leslie,

Congratulations on another successful hunt. I must confess, when I first read your post I thought I read the name of one of the games as “Drunken Sailor Girl” vice Grid - I was really looking forward to reading the rules of the game and your tales of the past games that you had played. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great read! Congrats on the win!

OP
OP
leslie(nova scotia)

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Drunken sailor Grid game is simply looking at the sky and following multiply clouds while not trying to trip ove your own feet, depressions in the ground or your detector and think about a Capt. Morgan and Pvt. Coke.

ArfieBoy

Silver Member
Aug 11, 2011
N.E. Oregon
Detector(s) used
Compass X-70, Compass X-80, Compass X-90, Compass Judge 2, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great game, Leslie! Congratulations!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you,I loved this and laughed my ass off!Send a Canuk back to the UK?Good one!Life,s so much better when you can laugh.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread