What's new

rifle part?

jefg231

Full Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2011
Messages
134
Reaction score
181
Golden Thread
1
🥇 Banner finds
1
dug near a CW battle
 

Attachments

  • IMGP0792p.webp
    IMGP0792p.webp
    9.4 KB · Views: 393
I don't know what it is, but it is not part of a rifle.
 
Upvote 0
Actually, I've seen a few civil war musket/rifle ramrods twisted into approximately that shape. But in the long-distance photo you posted, I cannot see any characteristics to identify the item as a ramrod ...except of course for being a long thin rod of iron.

As you probably already know, a ramrod has a wide flat disc (or a wide cone) at one end (to push the bullet/musketball down the gunbarrel), and a short threaded section at the other end (for attaching a bulletworm, etc). If your item is a ramrod, the wide disc/cone part is broken off. But it should still have its short threaded portion at the other end. If there's no sign of such threading on either end of your item, it is not a ramrod.
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a post for a temporary fenceline
 
Upvote 0
sure looks like an old boot but not c,w era guess a size 9 lol
and the other peice I would guess the (think the call them ) tine off a hay rake
 
Upvote 0
Dave44 said:
Looks like a post for a temporary fenceline
:icon_thumleft:

The type you see on a building site, with the ribbons through :icon_thumleft:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Looks more like an old wagon rod to me.. keeps the endgate from falling out. I would like to see it closer, too. Threaded end???
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom