What's new

Right out of the Confederate trenches....................

DetectorDepot

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2009
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Knoxville, TN
Detector(s) used
GPX-5000 / F75 Ltd / E-Trac
Well guys the trenches were a little too wet for the GPX-5000 so I decided to pull out the ole F75 Ltd and hunt. After about an hour this beautiful Confederate Cast I came "a bubbling" up. It wasn't crazy deep just had a lot of rocks on top of it.

Just dug it this afternoon at 3:35 pm EST.

Lynn
Detector Depot
 

Attachments

  • IMAG0041.webp
    IMAG0041.webp
    95.8 KB · Views: 978
Upvote 0
Nice button.
Congrats
Dman
 
That is a fine looking button.
Congrats Soup
 
sweet button! :thumbsup:
 
I did fail to mention that the area we are hunting is "hunted out". Yes, I know...how did I find a Cast I in a hunted out area? :dontknow:

We all know that very rarely is a prime area ever really hunted out. My hunting partners and I are always going to those "hunted out" sites and utilizing the newest technology. Of course, you might hunt eight hours and find only one relic, but sometimes that one relic is well worth that eight hours. :icon_salut:


Lynn
Detector Depot
 
Nice button. I have been reading a lot about the LTD. Sounds like a pretty good machine.
 
Nice going on the button it's a nice keeper. :icon_thumright:
 
Guys,

I need to clarify something in my post that is causing some confusion....my apologies. The GPX 5000 will work very very well in wet conditions. However, I am using my dealer demo unit and in all likelihood will be reselling it late next year. So, I am just exercising extreme caution when taking this rather pricey machine out. The trenches were very wet today and in some spots actually holding water. I was not very comfortable using it when it is that wet.

I hope this clarifies my "too wet" comment earlier and thanks to those of you who brought that to my attention. I will be more specific when talking off the cuff next time. Great question Jim. :icon_thumright:

Thanks,
Lynn
Detector Depot
 
Love those Cast "I's"! Congrats :icon_thumleft: :wink:
 
Fantastic find on a great button and in great shape to, happy huntin, Ken.
 
Sometimes when it is wet the hunted out area's will produce. Nice button from Tennessee!
 
Nice!! You are doing great these days!! Keep it up!

MB
 
Been a few yrs since I've dug one of those. Your's is a beauty congratulations :thumbsup:

Laszlo
 
Great Find... Congrats :icon_thumright:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom