What's new

"Riley" the silver smellin dog w/pix

rileyboy

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 15, 2010
Messages
1,704
Reaction score
55
Golden Thread
0
"Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Per Apush's request, attached a few pix of "Riley" the silver smeller. Everytime I take him with me on a road trip I score. He just has the knack to know when there is silver at a bank. When I walk out of a bank with rolls in my hand and his paws are over his eyes, I know it's a "skunk". If his tail is waggin' I know I'm in luck. He's a good ole' boy!
rileyboy
 

Attachments

  • 1006091555_0002_0001_0001.webp
    1006091555_0002_0001_0001.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 576
  • 0829001113.webp
    0829001113.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 611
  • 0829001108.webp
    0829001108.webp
    15.3 KB · Views: 616
Upvote 0
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Riley is one fine looking dog! The best part is he smells silver for you.

Looks like he would be great company on road trips.

Cheers!
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

When my Walker coonhound was a pup I started training her to find silver. She always found it. Then someone told me silver has no odor and that she was probably picking up my scent. I was also grooming her for S&R. Unfortunately, she suffered a very bad electric shock (bad wires, slush, salt) and wasn't quite the same afterwards. She's 2.5 now and extremely food oriented. I wonder if it's too late to try again.
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

:laughing9: Great Pics Rileyboy! It's nice to get a "name" with a "face." LOL.

Riley--keep up the good work locating that silver!

apush :read2:
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Thanks, Silverminer,
He's a good ole boy.
rileyboy
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

I have to find a dog that sniffs out silver!! :icon_thumleft:


-bigJ
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

BloodyBelle said:
When my Walker coonhound was a pup I started training her to find silver.
You should think bigger, GO GOLD!

BloodyBelle said:
Then someone told me silver has no odor and that she was probably picking up my scent.
I am sure silver has a smell, not sure if it smells the same as other metals. Probably has it's own smell. I know what my fingers smell like after a hard day of CRH and I know copper has a very destinctive smell. Have someone that has their own silver that you have never been close to hide something.
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Nice doggy!!!!! I have a 4 year old Cocker Spaniel "Waffles" He really nuts but VERY smart! :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

cyberdan said:
BloodyBelle said:
When my Walker coonhound was a pup I started training her to find silver.
You should think bigger, GO GOLD!

BloodyBelle said:
Then someone told me silver has no odor and that she was probably picking up my scent.
I am sure silver has a smell, not sure if it smells the same as other metals. Probably has it's own smell. I know what my fingers smell like after a hard day of CRH and I know copper has a very destinctive smell. Have someone that has their own silver that you have never been close to hide something.

Hey, that's a good idea. Duh. I was told paper money is easier. I'll just have to figure out a way to keep my odor off of it. Pinky Floyd has an amazing nose. When she was young I couldn't figure out why she would start baying out of nowhere. I don't know if you've ever heard it, but it's loud! I had one guy tell me he heard her from 3 blocks away! Anyway, I finally figured it out. She can actually smell somebody--I'm guessing--1/8th, maybe more, of a mile away. If it is somebody she 'loves' she'll start her high volume yodel. Now I understand that there's somebody somewhere she's looking for and I'll sigh, look around, and "okay, who is it and where are they?" Then her dream man will show up 5 or so minutes later. S&R is out now, as I developed back issues and she is a little skittish at loud sudden noises since she was electrocuted.
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Hey Bloodybelle,
She's a good looker! Bet she knows her sil;ver.
Stay well
rileyboy
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Your guy is sweet-looking. Probably a killer but sweet looking non the less. :wink:

One question: Does he walk on his hind legs when he covers his eyes? Or does he just drop in disgust?
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Nah! He stays in the car and waits for me to come out of the bank. If he is laying down on the back seat then I know I've probably been "skunked". If he's sitting up and seems real happy then I usually score something at least. The thing with his paws over his eyes is just my joke to ya'll! He's just my good traveling buddy and best friend....And No, he's really harmless. He loves everyone.
rileyboy
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

rileyboy said:
Nah! He stays in the car and waits for me to come out of the bank. If he is laying down on the back seat then I know I've probably been "skunked". If he's sitting up and seems real happy then I usually score something at least. The thing with his paws over his eyes is just my joke to ya'll! He's just my good traveling buddy and best friend....And No, he's really harmless. He loves everyone.
rileyboy

OH! You were kidding? :wink:

Bad boy! Bad bad boy!
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

sweet lookin dog!!! cute! keep it up and hh!
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Hi everyone,
Thanks for the nice comments about "Riley". Since I mention him
a lot, thought you would all like to meet him.
rileyboy
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Great looking dog. :icon_thumright:

Maybe you should get a golden retriever to keep him company. :wink: Wonder what your next score would look like then! :laughing9:
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

You have a good looking dog there rileyboy :thumbsup:. How old might he be.
Miner.
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

Riley turned four years old in August. Great dog...goes with me everywhere.
rileyboy
 
Re: "Riley" the silver smellin' dog w/pix

What a smick-smack. Plenty of secrets in them dark eyes!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom